- Setting up a Workflow for Event Registrants
- Creating Multiple checkboxes Property in HubSpot
- Viewing Registrations in Goldcast
The HubSpot integration allows users to manage Goldcast event registrations from their HubSpot Account. This is done using Workflows that identify specific Contacts in HubSpot and automatically register them for your event in Goldcast. You can now easily create event registrations in Goldcast upon trigger actions setup in HubSpot workflows.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied before you can begin using HubSpot workflows to register guests in Goldcast.
- Event Organizer access to Goldcast Studio.
- Your HubSpot Integration in a Connected status.
A HubSpot account with a Sales, Service, or Marketing Hub Professional subscription plan.
Setting up a Workflow for Event Registrants
If you would like to use your HubSpot account to register guests for your event, you may do so using a workflow. This process uses HubSpot's Membership List enrollment trigger in conjunction with Goldcast's custom registration action that is automatically added to your actions list after you have set up your HubSpot integration. Once this information has been received, it is automatically imported to your Event Registrant list in Goldcast.
Please review the instructions below for completing this process.
- To begin, create a workflow that is initiated by an enrollment trigger.
- Select List Membership as your filter type then click the Save button.
- Select your List Membership you would like to use to register guests for your event.
- Apply the ‘is member of’ the list filter then click the Save Button.
- Next, select the new action button, scroll to the bottom of the Choose an action list, and select Create Event Registrant under the Goldcast Events section.
- Select your upcoming event(or past event) from the Goldcast Event dropdown then click the Save button to complete your setup.
Once your setup is complete, you will want to make sure that your workflow is turned on. Otherwise, information will not be communicated to your Goldcast event.
Creating Multiple checkboxes Property in HubSpot
This section explains how to create a property in HubSpot. For example, how to add multi-select checkboxes to the event registrant form.
To add multi-select checkboxes:
- Navigate to Data Management > Properties.
- Click Create property. Create a new property window appears
- Select the Object type of your choice.
- Select the Group of your choice.
- In the Label field, type in the label name you want to assign.
- Click Next.
- From the Field Type dropdown list, select Multiple checkboxes.
- From the Sort dropdown list, select the option of your choice.
- In the Label field, type in the name you want to the assign to the option.
- Click + Add an option to add more labels.
- In the IN FORMS column, turn on the toggles of the labels you wish to display them in the forms.
- Go to the Rules tab, select the Show in forms, pop-up forms and bots checkbox to display the labels in the forms, pop-up forms and bots.
- Click Create.
Once the registrants select the required option(s), the workflow that is using this property registers the guests for your event.
Viewing Registrations in Goldcast
Your registrations will appear on the Registrants tab for your event after they have been identified in HubSpot. This process might take several minutes.
If your HubSpot form submission (or workflow trigger condition) does not align with your event registration, please verify that the Create Event Registrant step within the HubSpot workflow shows a successful record of the corresponding Contact. The successful completion of this step is essential to ensure the registration is effectively transmitted to your Goldcast Event.
To access these details for any Contact in HubSpot, you can refer to your Enrollment History or Action Logs within your HubSpot Workflow.
If you've ensured the successful completion of your workflow, including the Create Event Registrant step, and you still don't see your registration reflected in your Goldcast Event, please reach out to our support team.