- Enabling webhooks in Goldcast Studio
- Configuring webhooks
Goldcast Studio allows you to track event user activities by using Webhooks. In this document, we walk you through the steps for connecting your Goldcast event to an external platform using webhooks.
What are webhooks?
Webhooks connect two different applications. These are the automated calls in which a condition or event is set on the workflow/API call, and the action takes place only when the specific event or condition occurs. You can consider a webhook a lightweight API, as it offers only one-way data sharing triggered by events.
Check this guide for more information on connecting web apps with webhooks.
To use Webhooks in Goldcast, you require the following:
- Event Organizer access to Goldcast Studio
- Webhook URL and Headers to be set up
Enabling webhooks in Goldcast Studio
Before you begin the Webhooks integration process, we recommend logging into your Goldcast Studio to avoid doing so later in the setup process.
- Open the Goldcast Marketplace page, and click the Learn More link on the Webhooks tile.
- Select the Install This App button to initiate the installation.
Upon clicking, you will be redirected to the Integrations page in your Goldcast Studio, and a pop-up titled Install Webhooks will appear.
- Click the Install button to complete the installation.
- You will receive a confirmation pop-up for the installation, and then you will be redirected to a screen to complete the authentication process.
- Click the Finish button to complete the Integration Setup for Webhooks in your Goldcast account.
Webhooks integration is a Goldcast built-in functionality. So, you don't need to provide any extra authentication for the setup.
Check this guide to look at the structure of the payload of activities that will be sent to your Webhooks.
Follow these steps to set up the Webhook integration for a specific event:
- Select the Event
Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials. Click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
From the Events page, choose the event you want to set up the Slack integration for. You will be redirected to the Event Dashboard page.
- Access Integrations
Click on the Integrations option from the left-side panel. Alternatively, you can click on the Configure option in the Integrations available section within the Event dashboard.
- Navigate to webhooks
You will be redirected to the Integrations page. Click Webhooks integration.
- Create a new webhook
- Click Create Webhook to create a new webhook. This opens the Create New Webhook pop-up on the screen.
- Enter a name of your choice for the Webhook
- Enter the Webhook URL to which you want the activities to be sent.
- If you have a connection with security, please add the Headers in the format of the key-value pair needed for successful authentication and authorization.
- Click on Trigger Activities to select the custom activities sent from Goldcast to your Webhook.
- Click Create to complete the configuration of a new webhook. You will see your configured webhook on the Integrations page under Webhooks.
Refer to the list of our activity triggers to see the custom activities sent to your Webhooks.
Editing a webhook
- If you want to change a created Webhook from your event, you can access the Integrations section at the event level.
- Click on the already configured webhook. This opens a drawer from the right of the screen with all the configurations selected while created.
- You can make the desired changes and click on save to make sure the changes are saved.
Deleting a webhook
- If you would like to delete a configured Webhook from your event, you can access the Integrations section at the event level.
- Click on the already configured webhook. This opens a drawer from the right of the screen with all the configurations selected while you created the webhook.
- Scroll down the drawer to find the Delete button. Click on it and confirm Delete in the pop-up on the screen to successfully remove the Webhook setup for your event.