Goldcast makes the attendee experience seamless by automatically redirecting attendees from their current session or location in the event into the next live session on the event agenda.
Just before the start of a session, attendees will see a countdown at the bottom of their screen letting them know they will be redirected into the session going live - they don't have to do anything! If they click cancel, they will stay in the current session.
If your event has multiple tracks, attendees will be redirected into the next session on the track they are following. The first track that is created in the event will be the default track that attendees will follow. Attendees can choose a different track by navigating to the agenda page and clicking on a different track.
Event organizers and speakers are not automatically redirected into the next session. They must either:
- Navigate to the Agenda tab and click Event Backstage or Join to enter a session.
- Select Yes, Redirect on the Organizer Redirection popup to be redirected to the next session on their track.
Disabling Redirection - Manual Mode
If Redirection is disabled, your event attendees will no longer be redirected to the next session on your agenda automatically. Instead, they will need to join it manually from the Agenda tab or click "join" in pop-up notification as shown below.
To disable Redirection:
- From the Events list, click the event you want to edit
- Click Program in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click Settings on the right side of the screen
- Under Session Redirection Strategy, select Manual from the dropdown
- Click Save in the upper right corner of the screen