- Adding a Speaker
- Assigning a Speaker to a Broadcast
- Hiding a Speaker From Your Speakers List
- Reorder Speakers List
- Tips for Creating a Speaker Profile
Note: For a Webinar event speakers are added in the "Content" tab. Click here to see how to add speakers to a Webinar event.
Adding a Speaker
- After logging into the admin panel, click the edit icon that corresponds to your event.
- Select the Space link from the Event Panel.
- Click on the Speakers tab at the top of the Space page.
- Once you have been redirected to the Speakers tab, click the the Add Speaker button.
- A window will appear. From here, you can create your speaker profile. Email, first name, and last name are required.
- Click the Save button to finish creating your speaker profile.
You can return to the speakers list to edit speakers' information at any time by clicking on the edit icon to the right of their email address.
See the Tips for creating speaker profiles section at the end of this document for more details on how to create a great speaker profile!
Assign a Speaker to a Broadcast
To enable a speaker to talk during a part of the event (a session) you must add this speaker to the session in the event.
- Select the Agenda tab in the top menu.
- From here you may either click the edit next to an existing agenda item or create a new Session.
Note: You can add a speaker to as many of the event’s agenda items as you wish.
- Once you have selected a session, click the Add Speaker button under the Details tab.
- Select the + button next to the speaker(s) you would like to add to your session. If you are having trouble finding the correct speaker, verify that they have been added to the speakers list for your event. This information can be found under the Speakers tab.
- Click the Save button to finishing adding your speakers to the sessions.
Share Speaker Magic Links
That's it! Your speaker is now added to your event. But don't forget to share the speaker's magic link! This will give them access to the backstage area during the event.
This link can be accessed from the Speakers tab by selecting the magic link icon to copy the link to your clipboard. Once the link has been copied, you will need to email it to the speaker.
It doesn't matter if you input a dummy email ID or a real email ID for a speaker as the email address isn't visible anywhere. The organizer only has to share the magic link with the speaker which is unique and different for each speaker.
REMEMBER: Each one of your speakers will have a unique magic link. As such, you these links should only be shared with the speakers they've been assigned to.
Hiding a Speaker from the List
You may want to hide a speaker's name from from appearing in your event - maybe because the speaker is a surprise guest, or you'd like to give speaker privileges to a staff member, volunteer, or assistant. You can add these people as speakers and then hide them from your speakers section on your event registration page, landing page, agenda, and speakers section inside the event.
To hide a speaker, click the hide speaker icon next to the speaker's name.
Once you see the green success notification in the bottom left corner of your screen, this speaker will be hidden from your speakers section on your event registration page, landing page, agenda, and speakers section inside the event.
Reordering the Speakers List
The order your speakers appear on your Speakers section in the admin panel is the way your speakers list will appear on your registration page and in the Speakers tab in your event.
To reorder your speakers, click the Reorder button, and then drag and drop your speakers to change the order they will appear. Once you have finished, click the Done button.
Tips for Creating a Speaker Profile
A few key tips for creating a great speaker profile:
- For profile image, make sure the photo is square, and the person’s face is centered in the photo (If not, a section of the photo may not align properly).
- For speaker description, write 50 words or less (any more will get cut off).
- For speaker title, try to keep the words to a minimum (again, it may cut off).
- For speaker company, try to keep it to a minimum word count.
- LinkedIn Profile link is an option that will show up as a small round icon on the meet your speakers page. If you decide to leave this out, it will not show up.
- Twitter link needs to be the full link and not just the handle