- Connecting a Goldcast Org to HubSpot
- Enabling HubSpot Settings for a Goldcast Event
- Connecting Event Registrations with HubSpot Contacts
- Viewing HubSpot Contact Profiles for Event Registrants
- Enabling Timeline Activity Settings for a Goldcast Event
Note: Goldcast stops pushing event data to HubSpot and all other integrated platforms five hours after an event’s scheduled end time.
The HubSpot integration syncs your Goldcast Event Users to your HubSpot contacts. This will allow you to send emails, schedule meetings, and track user activity through your HubSpot account.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied before you can begin the HubSpot integration process.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
In order to integrate HubSpot with your Goldcast Org, your HubSpot account will need to have Super Admin permissions. Platform integrations can only be authorized by Super Admins in HubSpot.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to HubSpot
Note: Before beginning the HubSpot integration process, we recommend logging into your HubSpot account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
- Select Integrations from the Admin Panel.
- You will be redirected to the Integration Tools page. Select the HubSpot tile to continue.
- Once you have arrived at the Authentication page, select Connect.
NOTE: If you have not already logged into your HubSpot account, you will be redirected to the HubSpot login page and will need to login to complete this process.
- You will be redirected to the HubSpot OAuth page where you will be asked to choose an account to connect to your Goldcast Org. Once you have selected an account, click the Choose Account button.
- Once the integration has been completed, information about the connected user, time of connection, and the connection status will display. If the Current Status of the integration is Good, your HubSpot integration is complete.
Enabling HubSpot Settings for a Goldcast Event
Note: All HubSpot settings are enabled by default for any event created after a HubSpot account has been connected to a Goldcast org; however, you will need to manually enable these settings for any existing events created before the account was connected.
After creating an event in Goldcast, you may wish to connect it to your HubSpot Account. This will allow you to sync you Goldcast Event Users to your HubSpot Contacts List. Once a Goldcast event has been linked to a HubSpot account, you will be able send emails to your event guests through the platform.
From the Goldcast Events page, select the edit icon that corresponds to the event you would like to link to your HubSpot account.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue
- Select the Open button on the HubSpot tile.
- The HubSpot integration is disabled by default. Select the Disable for Event toggle to enable it then click the Save Changes button.
- A green HubSpot Settings is successfully updated for this event message will appear to indicate that your settings have been updated.
Event Users and HubSpot Contact Profiles
Note: Registrations in Goldcast can take up to five minutes to import into your HubSpot Contacts. If you do not see your new registrants in your contacts list, check back in a few minutes.
After you've connected your HubSpot account to an event in Goldcast, all Event Users registered for the event will automatically have a Contact Profile created for them in HubSpot.
Once an Event User has been registered, they will begin having Timeline Activities associated with their Contact Profile.
Enabling Timeline Activity Settings for a Goldcast Event
After you have enabled HubSpot settings for your event, you will need to configure your Timeline Activities settings. These settings will determine what information about Event Users is included in their HubSpot Contact Profiles. Timeline activities track user engagement and interaction with your event such as attendance; time spent at the event; and participation in polls, Q&A sessions, and discussion groups.
Before beginning this process, verify that the HubSpot integration has been enabled for your event and its Current Status is Good.
- Select the Timeline Activities tab at the top of the HubSpot Connected Apps page.
- Once you have been redirected, use the toggles to enable or disable timeline activities as needed. When you have finished, click the Save Changes button.
- A green HubSpot Settings is successfully updated for this event message will appear to indicate that your timeline activities settings have been updated.
Goldcast Activity Triggers
Below is a list of all timeline activity triggers currently available in Goldcast.
|Registered||Event Resource Download|
|Attended||Event Engagement Time|
|User Profile Updated||Event Discussion Room Engagement Time|
|Event Poll Response||Event Booths Engagement Time|
|Event Q&A||Event Broadcast Engagement Time|
|Event Engagement Score|
Click here for additional information about timeline activities and sync times.