- Connecting a Goldcast Org to HubSpot
- Connecting Event Registrations with HubSpot Contacts
- Viewing Timeline Activity Settings for a Goldcast Event
- Viewing Your Event Data in HubSpot
Note: Goldcast stops pushing event data to HubSpot and all other integrated platforms five hours after an event’s scheduled end time.
The HubSpot integration syncs your Goldcast Event Users to your HubSpot contacts. This will allow you to send emails, schedule meetings, and track user activity through your HubSpot account.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied before you can begin the HubSpot integration process.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
In order to integrate HubSpot with your Goldcast Org, your HubSpot account will need to have Super Admin permissions. Platform integrations can only be authorized by Super Admins in HubSpot.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to HubSpot
- Before beginning the HubSpot integration process, we recommend logging into your HubSpot account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
- Goldcast uses OAuth 2.0 authentication to connect to Hubspot and doesn't use any API keys.
Installing the HubSpot Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the HubSpot tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "HubSpot" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
Connecting Your HubSpot Account
- To begin, select the New Authentication button on the screen.
- A popup will appear. Assign a name to your integration using the provided field and click the Create button to continue.
- You will be redirected to an Authentication screen where you will be asked to provide access to information in your HubSpot account. Select the account you would like to add and approve any requests to connect it to your Goldcast org.
- If the account connection is successful, a green Authentication successfully created message will appear. Select the Finish button to complete this process.
Event Users and HubSpot Contact Profiles
Note: Registrations in Goldcast can take up to five minutes to import into your HubSpot Contacts. If you do not see your new registrants in your contacts list, check back in a few minutes.
After you've connected your HubSpot account to an event in Goldcast, all Event Users registered for the event will automatically have a Contact Profile created for them in HubSpot.
Once an Event User has been registered, they will begin having Timeline Activities associated with their Contact Profile.
Viewing Timeline Activities for a Goldcast Event
Note: Individual Timeline Activities can be enabled and disabled for an event. You can choose what activity trigger data is sent to HubSpot. By default, all timelines activities are enabled.
Timeline activities track user engagement and interaction with your event such as attendance; time spent at the event; and participation in polls, Q&A sessions, and discussion groups. Once the HubSpot integration has been enabled, you can selected the Timeline Activities that you want to send these metrics to Events User's HubSpot Contact Profiles.
Timeline activities can be viewed and selected by opening the HubSpot tile on the Connected Apps page for an event.
We can see the Timelines Activities in Event Users' HubSpot Contact. You can see an example below of a Registered activity trigger being sent to HubSpot as Timeline Activity.
Goldcast Activity Triggers
Below is a list of all timeline activity triggers currently available in Goldcast.
|Attended||Event CTA Click|
|Attended Session||Booth CTA Click|
|Attended Booth||Event Resource Download|
|Attended Discussion Room||Event Engagement Time|
|User Profile Updated||Event Discussion Room Engagement Time|
|Event Engagement Score||Event Booths Engagement Time|
|Event Poll||Event Broadcast Engagement Time|
Click here for additional information about timeline activities and sync times.
Viewing Marketing Objects Event Data in HubSpot
Note: HubSpot integrations set up before May 2022 will need to be updated to access this feature. Click here for instructions.
After you have enabled your HubSpot integration for an event, you will be able to view information about your it from the Marketing Events page of your HubSpot Account.
- From the Contacts page, select the Contacts dropdown and select Marketing events from the list.
- Once you have been redirected, a list of your events will display. Select the name of an event to view additional information about it.
Goldcast Event will be listed as the event Type for any event that has been imported from your Goldcast Org.
The name of your Goldcast Org will listed in the Organizer field.
The description you provided in your event's Details page will appear under the Description Field.
The Event Status indicates whether an event is Upcoming, Ongoing, or a Past event that has already taken place.
The Start and End Date are also included in this panel.
The Cancellation status of your event will remain in a False state unless the event is cancelled from your Goldcast Org.
The Event Activity section displays information about the total number of guests who have registered for your event.
Additionally, it also provides updates on the number of guests who have attended your event along sync-time information.
View All Properties
Select the View all properties link from the Actions dropdown menu to view a comprehensive list of all event properties tracked in the Marketing Events page.
View Property History
To review the change history for your event properties, select the View property history link from the Actions dropdown menu.