Note: Goldcast works best in Chrome. Please do not use the Goldcast platform on a tablet or mobile phone.
In preparation for your event, you will need to test your connection, browser permissions, and operating system and make sure they are set up to work properly with the Goldcast platform. The Speaker Setup Check page provides a checklist and will guide you through the list of setup requirements.
In the days leading up to your event, your event organizer will provide you with a link to enter your event via email. When you access your event, you will first see your microphone and camera check, and then this speaker setup page. In this document we will review:
- The list of Goldcast setup requirements
- How to troubleshoot common browser and permissions issues
Select the operating system you are using from the dropdown menu then click Confirm. Goldcast is compatible with both Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
Select the browser you are using from the dropdown menu then click Confirm. Goldcast works best in Chrome, however you may also use the application in Firefox, Edge, or Internet Explorer if needed.
Before your event, it is critical that your camera and microphone permissions are enabled for Goldcast. Your browser may ask if you to enable these permissions when you first load the Speaker Setup Check page, however; it is good practice to double check and verify for yourself.
Click here for additional information on enabling these settings.
Users with low connection strengths will likely run into issues with lagging and video streaming. We require a minimum of 10 mpbs at a minimum for download speed, but highly recommend a speed of 20mbps to assure highest audio and visual quality and cushion for any dips in speed.
If your connection strength is low you may wish to try:
- Connecting to a stronger network
- Moving closer to your connection source (if wireless)
- Switching to a hardwired connection (ethernet) if possible
VPN & Ad Blocker
Please disable AdBlocker and disconnect from any VPN networks before your event, as both may cause issue with video streaming and connection speeds.
To improve your connection and avoid overwhelming the system, please limit the number of tabs and programs you have open to only the ones needed to facilitate your event. We recommend having less than three open.
In addition to verifying the screensharing capabilities of your setup, the screenshare setup check also allows you to select the specific screen, window, or browser tab you would like to share to your audience before your event begins. This step is particularly important for anyone whose setup includes more than one monitor.
- Select the purple screenshare icon in the middle of the preview area.
- A popup will appear. Select the window or screen you would like to have displayed during your event, then click the Share button.
- The screen you have selected will appear in the preview window, verifying that your computer's screensharing capabilities are compatible with the Goldcast platform.