Buffer videos are a great way to customize the Main Stage of your event prior to it being "showtime."
When Will This Buffer (or Loop) Video Play?
This Buffer (or Loop) Video will play a few times during the event:
- As soon as you upload this video, this video will play on loop up until the official start time of your event
- When the event ends, this video will play on loop after the official event ending time
- If you schedule an official "break" during the event (see image below) this loop video will play during that time
Uploading a buffer video
If you upload a buffer video, this video will play on loop, greeting attendees as they wait for the show to start. The looping video could be a hype video for the event, an instructional video, or just a cool DJ playing music to make things lively!
To upload a Buffer Video, follow these quick steps:
- First, upload your buffer video to your Library (instructions here)
- Once your video is saved to your Library, open the event you'd like to use the buffer video for, and click the Space tab on the left sidebar
- Click Advanced Settings at the top
- Then choose "Event Configurations"
- Upload the Buffer Video by clicking +Select Video from Library
Default empty stage
If you don't upload a buffer video, the Goldcast default slide will appear on stage. Prior to your first session begins, the slide will include the event title and a countdown to the start of the event:
At the end of the event, attendees will see this message:
And during any breaks, the slide looks like this:
The color of this event is the secondary color selected on your event Branding tab.
A Few Other Things to Know
A few other things you should know about creating a great Buffer Video:
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of time required for this video. The suggested amount is at least 2 minutes long.
- If you don't have a video, but you have a different type of image you'd like to be seen on the main stage, just convert that JPEG into an MP4 file and upload that here.
- If you do change your mind and would like a different loop video to show at the end of the event, you can edit the loop video in your admin panel. However, if attendees are already inside the event, they will need to refresh their screen to see the new loop video.