The Goldcast platform allows users to upload custom buffer videos, which are a great way to personalize your Event Stage when there are no sessions actively taking place.
When Will This Buffer Video Play?
Once a buffer video has been uploaded, it will play on a loop:
- Before the official start time of your event
- Once your event has ended
- During any breaks you have built into your agenda (see below)
Uploading a Buffer Video
If you upload a buffer video, this video will play on loop, greeting attendees as they wait for the show to start. The looping video could be a hype video for the event, an instructional video, or just a cool DJ playing music to make things lively!
Before you can add a buffer video to your event, you will need to add it to the media Library of your Goldcast Org. You can access this page from the Admin Panel. Click here for additional instructions on uploading video content.
Next, you will need to navigate to the Space page for your event and complete the following steps:
- Inside the Space section, select the Advanced Settings tab.
- Click the Select Video From Library button.
- A list of all of the content you've uploaded to your Library will appear. Select the file you would like to use as a buffer video and click the Save button.
- Click the Save button on the Advanced Settings page to add the buffer video to your event.
The Default Empty Stage
Should you choose not to upload a buffer video, the Goldcast default slide will appear on stage. Prior to your first session begins, the slide will include the event title and a countdown to the start of the event:
At the end of the event, attendees will see this message:
And during any breaks, the slide looks like this:
The color of this event is the secondary color selected on your event Branding tab.
A Few Other Things to Know
A few other things you should know about creating a great Buffer Video:
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of time required for this video. The suggested amount is at least 2 minutes long.
- If you don't have a video, but you have a different type of image you'd like to be seen on the main stage, just convert that JPEG into an MP4 file and upload that here.
- If you do change your mind and would like a different loop video to show at the end of the event, you can edit the loop video in your admin panel. However, if attendees are already inside the event, they will need to refresh their screen to see the new loop video.