Custom Activities determine what information about Event Users is included in their Marketo Lead Activity Logs. These activity triggers can be used to track user engagement and interaction with your event such as attendance; time spent at the event; and participation in polls, Q&A sessions, and discussion groups.
In order to integrate Marketo with Goldcast, users will need to have access to the Admin and Marketing Activities pages as well as the Munchkin and LaunchPoint integration pages.
Your Marketo Launch Point User must have at least the following permissions:
- Access User Management Api
- Read-Write Activity
- Read-Write Assets
- Read-Write Campaign
- Read-Write Person
- Read-Write Activity Metadata
The following custom activity triggers are currently available in Goldcast:
|Registered||Event Resource Download|
|Attended||Event Engagement Time|
|User Profile Updated||Event Discussion Room Engagement Time|
|Event Poll Response||Event Booths Engagement Time|
|Event Q&A||Event Broadcast Engagement Time|
|Event Engagement Score|
Click here for additional information about custom activities and sync times.
Creating Activity Templates
Activity Templates create a framework for determining what Event User data is communicated to a Marketo Lead Activity Log. Before enabling an activity trigger for an event, you will need to make sure that the appropriate activity template has been created to support it.
Each activity template controls the following activity triggers:
|Goldcast Event User Profile||
|Goldcast Event User Engagement||
- Select the Custom Activities tab at the top of the Marketo Integrations page.
- Click the Create Activity link. When asked if you would like to proceed with creating the template, select the Yes, Create It button.
- Once the template has been created, it will be assigned an ID number that can be used to find its corresponding custom activity on the Marketo Custom Activities page of your Marketo account.
Enabling Custom Activities
Note: All Marketo Custom Activity settings are enabled by default for any event created after custom activity templates have been created for a Goldcast Org; however, you will need to manually enable these settings for any existing events created before the templates were created.
Once you have enabled activity templates for your Marketo integration, you will be ready to begin enabling custom activities for your event.
Custom activities are setup in the Marketo Connected Apps page for your event. Before beginning this process, verify that the Marketo integration has been enabled for your event.
- Select the Timeline Activities tab at the top of the Marketo Connected Apps page.
- Once you have been redirected, use the toggles to enable or disable timeline activities as needed. When you have finished, click the Save Changes button.
- A green Marketo Settings is successfully updated for this event message will appear to indicate that your timeline activities settings have been updated.
In addition to enabling activity triggers for an event, you may also wish to link it to a Marketo Program. Click here for more information on this process.