- Connecting a Goldcast Org to Marketo
- Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Marketo Program
- Viewing Goldcast Event User Activity in Marketo
The Marketo integration allows you to sync Goldcast Events and Event Users with Marketo Programs.This will allow you to track Event User activities and event attendance through your Marketo account.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied before you can begin the Marketo integration process.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
In order to integrate Marketo with Goldcast, users will need to have access to the Admin and Marketing Activities pages as well as the Munchkin and LaunchPoint integration pages. Additionally, users may also require permissions to create Programs, Channels, and LaunchPoint Services if they have not already been set up for your event.
Your Marketo Launch Point User must have at least the following permissions:
- Access User Management Api
- Read-Write Activity
- Read-Write Assets
- Read-Write Campaign
- Read-Write Person
- Read-Write Activity Metadata
Connecting a Goldcast Org to Marketo
The following information from your Marketo account will be required to complete this integration:
- Your Munchkin Account ID
- A Client Secret and ID from a LaunchPoint Service
Follow the instructions below for obtaining this information and setting up your integration.
- Select the Admin link from the top menu.
- Select the Munchkin link from the Integration dropdown on the Admin Panel.
- Once you are on the Munchkin page, you will need to copy the Munchkin Account ID. We recommend saving this in a note or document for later use.
- Select the LaunchPoint link from the Admin Menu.
- A popup will appear. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret and save them in a note or document for later use.
- You will be redirected to the Installed Services page that contains a list of all of your LaunchPoint Services. Find and select the service you would like to connect to your Goldcast Org.
- A popup will appear. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
- In Goldcast, select Integrations from the Admin Panel.
- You will be redirected to the Integration Tools page. Select the Marketo tile to continue.
- Once you've arrived at the Authentication page, paste the Munchkin Account ID, Client ID, and Client Secret you saved earlier into the provided fields, then select the Connect button.
- Once the integration has been completed, information about the connected user, time of connection, and the connection status will display. If the Current Status of the integration is Good, your Marketo integration is complete.
Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Marketo Program
Note: Goldcast Events can only be integrated with Marketo Programs that have been setup as Events.
After Creating An Event in Goldcast, you may wish to connect it to a Marketo Program. This will allow you to sync your Goldcast Event Users with your Program Members in Marketo. Once a Goldcast event has been linked to a Marketo program, you will be able to track Event User's activities as well as their attendance statuses for the event.
- In Marketo, Select the Marketing Activities link from the top menu.
- Once you have been redirected to the Marketing Activities page, select the Program you would like to integrate with you Goldcast Event.
After you've opened the program's page, you will need to copy its Program ID. You will be using this ID to integrate the program with your Goldcast Event.
Program IDs are 4 numbers in length and will always be located between #ME and A1 at the end of a program's URL.
- Highlight and copy the Program ID. We recommend saving it in a note or document so you can return to it later.
- From the Goldcast Events page, select the edit icon that corresponds with the event you would like to link the Marketo program to.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Marketo tile.
- The Marketo program integration is disabled by default. Select the Disable for Event toggle to enable it.
- Paste the Program ID you copied earlier into the Enter Program ID field then select the Find button.
- A green verification message will appear to indicate that the Program ID has been identified. Select the Save Changes button to complete the integration process.
In addition to linking your event to a Marketo program, you may also wish to enable Custom Activity settings to track Event User activity and engagement data. Click here for more information on this process.
Viewing Goldcast Event User Activity in Marketo
Note: Registrations in Goldcast can take up to five minutes to import into Marketo. If you do not see your new registrants in the Program Members list, check back in a few minutes.
After you have connected a Marketo Program to a Goldcast Event, you will be able to view Event User activities and attendance statuses in Marketo.
A list of all Event Users can be found under the Members tab of your program.
- Event User attendance statuses are listed under the Status column.
- A green checkmark will appear under the Success column once a user has attended your event.
Additional information about a user's activities can be viewed in the Activity Log associated with their Program Member profile.