- Setting Up Your Event Agenda
- Networking Rooms
Note: Webinar events are set up differently than Virtual events or Hybrid events. Click here to see how to set up a Webinar event.
Setting Up Your Event Agenda
Your event agenda is made up of various sessions that will appear on the Stage of your event and can be used for live broadcasting, prerecorded videos, or a mixture of both. Add an item to your agenda for panels, keynote speakers, presentations, and other similar program events.
Learn more about moderating and the attendee experience for each type of session here.
To add a session, select the Session button at the center (if this is the first session you are creating) or at the bottom of the Agenda tab on the Space page for your event.
A pop-up will appear. Select the Broadcast Type you would like to use for the session:
Live Broadcasts are what we typically think of when it comes to online events. This broadcast type allows users to stream live videos and communicate with audiences in real time. Additionally you may also incorporate slide and prerecorded videos during a Live broadcast.
Learn more about creating a live broadcast.
Prerecorded broadcasts are made up entirely of prerecorded content and do not allow for live video or on-stage audience interaction. The advantage to this broadcast type is that it allows you to upload and schedule when content is played during your event, creating the illusion of a live event without you actually having to have speakers present live. Your attendees will still have the ability to chat, submit questions, and respond to polls in the engagement panel, if you choose to enable this.
Learn more about creating a Prerecorded broadcast.
RTMP Stream - Streaming into Goldcast from another platform
RTMP streaming should be used if your event is being hosted somewhere other than the Goldcast platform (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, in-person) but you would still like to provide virtual attendees with an interactive experience.
Learn more about creating a stream into Goldcast.
Note: you must have previously set up an RTMP In channel in the Advanced Settings of your event in order to select RTMP Stream for a broadcast. Instructions for setting up RTMP In channels can be found here.
Editing Broadcast Type
For an added session you can now edit broadcast type. Edit for broadcast type is allowed until 1 hour before your event start time.
To edit a Broadcast type:
- Navigate to the Events page and click the event name you wish to make the change.
- Click Space on the left menu.
- Click the edit/pencil icon on the track you wish to make the change.
- Click the Broadcast Type tab.
- Click the Choose broadcast type dropdown and select the required type.
- Click Save.
- If you want to change the broadcast type from LIVE or PRERECORDED to RTMP, make sure that you must have already set up an RTMP In channel in the Space section of your event. Instructions for setting up RTMP In channels can be found here. If you do not have a RTMP channel in place, the system throws an error as shown in the following screenshot, when you select the broadcast type as RTMP.
- While creating a fresh session, once you have selected a broadcast type on the first screen, you cannot edit the type under Broadcast Type tab until you save.
- For the past and on going event, you cannot edit the broadcast type of the sessions.
- For future events, you can edit the broadcast type of sessions until one hour before the event starts.
- If you want to switch from RTMP/LIVE to PRERECORDED, make sure that you have added the video(s) for sessions.If videos were added for a live session, the same videos will be retained.
Entering Session Details and Configuring your Session
After clicking Next on the bottom right, this screen will appear:
You'll want to add in the Details of the session including the title of the session, timing of the session, add speakers, and also associate videos or slides with the live or Prerecorded session.
Note: you must have previously added speakers to the Speakers list in the Space section in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding speakers can be found here. You must have previously uploaded videos and slide decks to your organization Library in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding files can be found here.
If your event has multiple tracks, select which tracks this session should be included in by clicking the track names. You may add the session to all tracks by checking the box next to Select all tracks.
Click the Description tab next to the Details tab to add in more information about the session itself.
Once you've added this information, select the Stage Engagement tab. This is where you will choose how attendees can interact with your event:
When you set up your event, you'll want to choose if you want certain stage engagement options enabled for each session. The engagement options will be different depending on the type of session you are creating.
- Resources - this allows you to upload documents, link URLs, or relevant material for your attendees which will appear in the Docs tab of the attendee engagement panel.
- Polls - If you want to feature a poll for attendees to vote on, you could create it here in the platform. During the event, it lives in its own “Polls” tab next to the chat box. As a speaker or moderator, you’ll be able to share the results on stage if you choose to.
- Raising Hand – if an audience member clicks the "Raise Hand" button, the speaker is able to approve them to join the stage on video to ask their question
- Q&A – audience members can type questions in the Q&A tab in the engagement panel. The speaker is then able to choose that question and “present” it on stage in text form.
- Attendee Count – you can decide if you'd like the number of attendees viewing the session to be visible to everyone in attendance, or only to organizers
On the RTMP Out tab, you can set up streaming from the Goldcast platform to other platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Learn more about how to stream Goldcast out to other platforms.
Once you have configured your session settings, select the Save button to add the session to your agenda.
In addition to broadcast sessions, you may wish to create one or more Networking Rooms to your event. These rooms provide guests with the opportunity to network and connect with one another during your event. They can be set up so that they are available for guests to pop in and out of throughout your event or allotted a specific timeframe in your agenda.
Click here for additional information on setting up Networking Rooms.
Click here for additional information on creating booths
If your event lasts for several hours, we suggest adding a Break Period to your agenda to allow your guests to pause and regroup.