The RTMP Out feature gives event organizers the ability to stream a Goldcast event broadcasts on other streaming platforms such as YouTube and Facebook. RTMP streams play in realtime with a delay of about 15-20 seconds.
- RTMP out session should be created at least 20 minutes before the start time of the session.
- Because broadcasts are mapped to streams and play in realtime, you will need to make sure that the start time for your stream matches the start time of your Goldcast event broadcast.
- RTMP out streaming is not available for Test Events. Before testing your stream, you will need to disable the This is a Test Event toggle on the Details page for your event.
- Session Recording must be enabled for RTMP streaming to work, as it assists in connecting Goldcast broadcasts to external platforms. This parameter can be accessed from the Event Configuration menu in the Advanced Settings tab of the Space page.
Connecting a Goldcast Stream to Another PlatformNote: RTMP out streams have a maximum length of five hours. If you need to stream for longer than that, please inform the Goldcast CS team at least four hours before your event.
- Copy the Stream Key and URL from the platform you would like to connect your event broadcast to. We recommend saving it in a note or document so you can return to it later.
- From the Space page for your event, select the edit button that corresponds with the broadcast you would like to have stream on another platform.
- A popup will appear. Select the RTMP Out tab from the menu then paste the stream key and URL into the corresponding fields for the platform you copied it from. If you are trying to stream on a platform other than Facebook or Youtube, paste this information into the LinkedIn fields.
- Once you have finished, click the Save button. A green Broadcast updated successfully message will appear to indicate that the broadcast has been connected.
If you are having trouble connecting your broadcast, verify that there is a trailing slash at the end of your stream URL.