This is a guide for streaming video of events on the Goldcast platform to YouTube via RTMP.
First log in to YouTube and set up a stream that you want to use. To do so:
Click on “Create” in the YouTube main menu, then click on “Go Live” in the dropdown menu.
After clicking on “Go Live” if you’re using YouTube Studio for the first time you will see a prompt with a few options, click “Go” in this sequence: Later date > Streaming software.
If you’ve never used YouTube Studio and you had to activate your account for it, you may have to wait 24 hours before you can even use it. Plan ahead to ensure you have time to make your videos ready!
- *Note: Have your videos ready to go at minimum a day in advance of the event to ensure that everything is set in place.*
- Once you log in set up your stream.
(Pictured above: What the stream editing panel looks like.)
- [*Note: For RTMP/Streaming to YouTube Goldcast can only link one external video session to one Goldcast event agenda item.*]
- Once you are on the stream editing panel in YouTube, go back to Goldcast and select “Edit” by clicking the pencil icon on an agenda item. Once there, click the "RTMP Out" tab. Fill in the “Stream URL” and “Stream Key” boxes.
(Pictured above: Stream URL and Stream Key fields in Goldcast for an agenda item.)
(Pictured above: Where to find the Stream URL and Stream Key information in YouTube. Copy and paste this info into the Goldcast fields that require it.)
(Pictured above:The scheduled time for a YouTube RTMP, which is highlighted. Schedule your RTMP to start at the same time that you want it to play in the Goldcast event.)
- There is a setting called “Enable Auto-start”; keep this toggled off. Instead of relying upon it (it sometimes doesn’t work) to ensure your videos get played at the times that you want them to play there should be someone manually playing them.
- [*Note: Once that person gets into the editing screen for a video they can click the “Go Live” button to make it live for the event.*]
- [*Note: There is a 10 second lag between the actual stream and what is played on Goldcast.*]
- For a person to easily navigate all the videos you plan to stream for your event they can click the “Manage” button on the left-hand side of the screen. With that one can see all the videos on that account and manage them, manually pressing “Go Live” for the video to be used at a given moment.