- Connect a Goldcast Org to a Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Salesforce Campaign
- Connecting Goldcast Event Registrations to Salesforce Campaign Members
- Viewing Event Registrations in Salesforce
The Salesforce Sales Cloud integration allows you to sync Goldcast Event Registrants and Attendees with Campaign Members in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
Salesforce Sales Cloud
A Salesforce Sales Cloud user with permissions to install apps. This user should be a Marketing User, as they will need to have access to Campaigns, Campaign Members, Campaign Member Statuses, and other related objects.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to Salesforce Sales Cloud
Note: Before beginning the Salesforce Sales Cloud integration process, we recommend logging into your Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
- Select Integrations from the Admin Panel.
- You will be redirected to the Integration Tools page. Select the Salesforce Sales Cloud tile to continue.
- Once you have arrived at the Authentication page, select Connect.
NOTE: If you have not already logged into your Salesforce account, you will be redirected to the Salesforce login page and will need to login to complete this process.
Once the integration has been completed, information about the connected user, time of connection, and the connection status will display. If the Current Status of the integration is Good, your Salesforce Sales Cloud integration is complete.
Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Salesforce Campaign
Note: Before connecting a Salesforce Campaign to a Goldcast Event, we recommend logging into your Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
After creating an event in Goldcast, you may wish to connect it to a Salesforce Campaign. This will allow you to sync your Goldcast event Registrants and Attendees with your Campaign Members in Salesforce Sales Cloud. Once a Goldcast event has been linked to a Salesforce campaign, you will be able assign roles to registrants within the campaign and track their attendance status.
- Open the App Launcher Menu in the top-left corner and select the Sales link.
- Select the Campaigns link from the top Navigation bar.
- Once you have been redirected to the Campaigns page, select the campaign you would like to connect to your Goldcast Event from the Campaign List.
Once you are on the Campaign's page, you will need to copy its Campaign ID. You will be using this ID to connect the campaign to your Goldcast event.
Campaign IDs are either 15 or 18 characters in length and will always begin with 701. Because Salesforce setups differ from user to user, we recommend copying this ID from the campaign's URL.
- Campaign IDs are located after the /Campaign/ path of the campaign's URL. Highlight and copy the Campaign ID. We recommend saving it in a note or document so you can return to it later.
- From the Goldcast Events page, select the edit icon that corresponds with the event you would like to link the campaign to.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Salesforce Sales Cloud tile.
- The Salesforce campaign integration is disabled by default. Select the Disable for Event toggle to enable it.
- Paste the Campaign ID you copied earlier into the Enter Campaign ID field then select the Find button.
- A green verification message will appear to indicate that the Campaign ID has been identified. Select the Save Changes button to complete the integration process.
Connecting Goldcast Event Registrations to Salesforce Campaign Members
Once you have connected your Goldcast event to a Salesforce Campaign, any registrations added to your event will automatically sync to your campaign. This will allow you to manage your registrants and attendees in both platforms.
By default, you will be required to provide a Name and Email to create a new registrant Email ID so that the information can be mapped to corresponding fields in your Salesforce campaign. Additional information fields can be included as needed. In this section, we will review how to create registrant Email IDs individually and in bulk.
To begin, select the edit icon that corresponds with the event you would like to add registrants to.
You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Registration link from the Event Panel to continue.
The Registration Form fields are used to map registrant and attendee information in an event to Campaign Members in a Salesforce campaign. The Email, First Name, and Last Name fields are required by default and you will be asked to provide this information when adding a new registrant.
Follow the instructions below for creating a registrant Email ID.
Select the Register Manually tab at the top of the screen.
- Once you have been redirected, enter the First Name, Last Name and Email associated with the Email ID.
- Select the Register Email ID button to register the Email ID.
- A User Registered Successfully! popup will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen to indicate that your Email ID has been registered successfully.
If you have multiple registrant Email IDs that you would like to register, you may wish to perform a Bulk Registration. Bulk registrations allow you to upload multiple Email IDs at once, rather than having to enter the information for each individually. While this method of registration may save you time, there are several important steps you will need to take before doing so.
- All Email ID information must be organized by column in a spreadsheet.
- Spreadsheet column headers must be identical to the field names setup in your Goldcast event. These names can be found under the Registration Form section of the Registration page.
- All spreadsheets must be uploaded in a CSV file format.
Follow the instructions below for Bulk Registering Email IDs.
- Select the Register Manually tab at the top of the screen.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Upload CSV button under Bulk Registration.
- A popup will appear. Find and select the CSV file containing your Email ID information.
- Once you have chosen a file, a message will appear stating the number of Email IDs the system was able to identify from it. Verify that this number is correct, then select the Register Email ID button to register the Email ID.
- A User Registered Successfully! popup will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen to indicate that your Email IDs have been registered successfully.
Why Isn't My File Uploading?
- Column headers are labeled incorrectly: Make sure that your column headers match the field names listed on the Registration page. This includes both spelling and letter case. Your column headers should not contain any capital letters.
Viewing Event Registrations in Salesforce
Note: Registrations in Goldcast can take up to five minutes to import into Salesforce Campaigns. If you do not see your registrations, check back in a few minutes.
Scroll to the Campaign Members section of the Campaign page. The total number of Campaign Members should be displayed in the center of the pie chart.
- Hover over the chart to view the breakdown of your campaign members by Status. The default statuses for campaign members are Registered (person has registered for the event) and Attended (person has registered for and attended the event).
- Select the View All link to view a list of your campaign members.