- Connect a Goldcast Org to a Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Salesforce Campaign
- Viewing Event Registrations in Salesforce
The Salesforce Sales Cloud integration allows you to sync Goldcast Event Registrants and Attendees with Campaign Members in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
Salesforce Sales Cloud
A Salesforce Sales Cloud user with permissions to install apps. This user should be a Marketing User, as they will need to have access to Campaigns, Campaign Members, Campaign Member Statuses, and other related objects.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to Salesforce Sales Cloud
Note: Before beginning the Salesforce Sales Cloud integration process, we recommend logging into your Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
Installing the Salesforce Sales Cloud Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the Salesforce Sales Cloud tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "Salesforce Sales Cloud" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
Connecting Your Salesforce Sales Cloud Account
Once you Salesforce Sales Cloud integration has been installed, a red Not Connected flag will appear at the top of the screen, indicating that an account has not been associated with it.
Please review the instructions below for connecting your Marketo account.
- To begin, select the New Authentication button on the screen.
- A popup will appear. Assign a name to your integration using the provided field and make sure that the Salesforce instance type is set to Production. Select the Create button to continue.
- You will be redirected to an Authentication screen where you will be asked to provide access to information in your Salesforce account. Select the Allow button.
- If the account connection is successful, a green Authentication successfully created message will appear. Select the Finish button to complete this process.
Connecting a Goldcast Event to a Salesforce Campaign
Note: Before connecting a Salesforce Campaign to a Goldcast Event, we recommend logging into your Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
After creating an event in Goldcast, you may wish to connect it to a Salesforce Campaign. This will allow you to sync your Goldcast event Registrants and Attendees with your Campaign Members in Salesforce Sales Cloud. Once a Goldcast event has been linked to a Salesforce campaign, you will be able assign roles to registrants within the campaign and track their attendance status.
- Open the App Launcher Menu in the top-left corner and select the Sales link.
- Select the Campaigns link from the top Navigation bar.
- Once you have been redirected to the Campaigns page, select the campaign you would like to connect to your Goldcast Event from the Campaign List.
Once you are on the Campaign's page, you will need to copy its Campaign ID. You will be using this ID to connect the campaign to your Goldcast event.
Campaign IDs are either 15 or 18 characters in length and will always begin with 701. Because Salesforce setups differ from user to user, we recommend copying this ID from the campaign's URL.
- Campaign IDs are located after the /Campaign/ path of the campaign's URL. Highlight and copy the Campaign ID. We recommend saving it in a note or document so you can return to it later.
- From the Goldcast Events page, select the edit icon that corresponds with the event you would like to link the campaign to.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Salesforce Sales Cloud tile.
- Paste the Campaign ID you copied earlier into the Enter Campaign ID field then select the Save Changes button to complete the integration process.
- A green verification message will appear to indicate that the Campaign ID has been identified.
Viewing Event Registrations in Salesforce
Click here for information about processing registrations in Goldcast.
Scroll to the Campaign Members section of the Campaign page. The total number of Campaign Members should be displayed in the center of the pie chart.
- Hover over the chart to view the breakdown of your campaign members by Status. The default statuses for campaign members are Registered (person has registered for the event) and Attended (person has registered for and attended the event).
- Select the View All link to view a list of your campaign members.
Note: Registrations in Goldcast can take up to five minutes to import into Salesforce Campaigns. If you do not see your registrations, check back in a few minutes.