Hybrid Broadcasts are a combination of Live and Simulive broadcasts. They allow for both live and prerecorded video content as well as audience participation during events. You may choose to run a hybrid session if:
- The speaker pre-recorded their presentation and you'd like to play it at the very start of the event and do live Q&A following
- Your live event is happening but you'd like to share a sponsor trailer, product demo, or other type of film during the presentation
- You've ended a session early and want to play a video with music until the next session
To add a Hybrid Broadcast session to your event agenda, click the Add Stage Agenda tile at the top of the Agenda tab on the Space page for your event.
A pop-up will appear. Select the Hybrid Broadcast Type:
Click here for instructions on creating the other session types.
Entering Session Details and Configuring your Session
After clicking Next on the bottom right, this screen will appear:
Add in the title of the session and the timing of the session.
Note: The session must fall within the start and end times of your event, and cannot begin within 30 minutes from when you create the session.
- If you want to experience a practice hybrid event prior to your "real" event, then you will need to create a new stage item set for the time you'd like to play this video for. The video will only play during that pre-determined scheduled time. For example, if you're holding a practice hybrid event at 2:00pm, you will need to finish creating this event by 1:30 (but 1:15, to be safe).
If your event has multiple tracks, select which tracks this session should be included in by clicking the track names. You may add the session to all tracks by checking the box next to Select all tracks.
Add speakers to your session by clicking the +Add Speaker button, and select your speakers from the list.
Note: you must have previously added speakers to the Speakers list in the Space section in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding speakers can be found here.
If you'd like to share PDF slides on stage during your session, add slides by clicking the +Add Slide button, and select your file from the list.
Note: you must have previously added slides to the Library section on your admin homepage in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding slides can be found here.
Add any videos you want to play during this session by clicking Add Video.
Note: you must have previously added videos to the Library section on your admin homepage in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding videos can be found here.
During your hybrid session, you can share slides and videos to the stage for audience members to see from the Media tab in the engagement panel.
If you click the Description tab next to the Details tab, you'll be able to add in more information about the session itself.
Once you've added this information, select the Stage Engagement tab. This is where you will choose how attendees will interact with your event.
Resources - this allows you to upload documents, link URLs, or relevant material for your attendees which will appear in the Docs tab of the attendee engagement panel.
Polls - If you want to feature a poll for attendees to vote on, you can create them here. During the event, it will appear in the Polls tab in the engagement panel. As a speaker or moderator, you’ll be able to open polls for attendees to respond to, and share the results on stage if you choose to. Learn more about polls here.
To create a poll, click the +Create Poll button. Then enter the question text, the answer options, and select if you'd like this poll to be multiselect. Then click Save Poll.
- Raising Hand – if an audience member clicks the "Raise Hand" button, the speaker is able to approve them to join the stage on video to ask their question
- Q&A – audience members can type questions in the Q&A tab in the engagement panel. The speaker is then able to choose that question and “present” it on stage in text form, or respond via text in the Engagement Panel.
- Attendee Count – you can decide if you'd like the number of attendees viewing the session to be visible to everyone in attendance, or only to organizers. If enabled, the attendee count will appear in the bottom left corner of the stage.
On the RTMP Out tab, you can set up streaming from the Goldcast platform to other platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Learn more about how to stream Goldcast out to other platforms.
Once you are finished adding all of your event details and engagement options, click the Save button in the bottom right corner. Your session is now added to your event agenda!