Create a simulive session on Goldcast when you want to play 100% pre-recorded content during a single session. Examples for when you may want to do this:
- You want more control over the content and would like the ability to edit the content prior to attendees seeing it
- A speaker is busy during the slotted event time so you need to pre-record a session with them when they are available
A few things to know about setting up your simulive event:
- You need to create this simulive session, upload your session video(s), and connect the video(s) to this stage item at least 30 minutes prior to the event's start time.
- If you want to experience a practice simulive event prior to your real event, then you will need to create an event with a stage item set for the time you'd like to play this video for. The video will only play during that pre-determined scheduled time. For example, if you're holding a practice simulive event at 2:00pm, you will need to finish creating this event by 1:30 (but 1:15, to be safe).
To add a Simulive Broadcast session to your event agenda, click the Session button at the center (if this is the first session you are creating) or at the bottom of the Agenda tab on the Space page for your event.
A pop-up will appear. Select the Simulive Broadcast Type:
Click here for instructions on creating the other session types.
Entering Session Details and Configuring your Session
After clicking Next on the bottom right, this screen will appear:
Add in the title of the session and the timing of the session.
Note: The session must fall within the start and end times of your event, and cannot begin within 30 minutes from when you create the session.
Goldcast recommends that you add approximately 1 minute to your video time when you create your agenda session. For example, if your video (or total length of all videos you want to play) is 27 minutes long, you may want to ensure your agenda stage item is 28 minutes long. (The Goldcast logo, or the filler slide if you upload one, will display during the time before and after the video plays.)
If your event has multiple tracks, select which tracks this session should be included in by clicking the track names. You may add the session to all tracks by checking the box next to Select all tracks.
Add speakers to your session by clicking the +Add Speaker button, and select your speakers from the list. Even though speakers will not be speaking live for this session, you may still want them to appear on the agenda tile for this session.
Note: you must have previously added speakers to the Speakers list in the Space section in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding speakers can be found here.
You must add the videos you want to play during this session by clicking Add Video. If you add multiple videos, the videos will play one after the other during your session.
Note: you must have previously added videos to the Library section on your admin homepage in order to add them to a broadcast. Instructions for adding videos can be found here.
If you click the Description tab next to the Details tab, you'll be able to add in more information about the session itself.
Once you've added this information, select the Stage Engagement tab. This is where you will choose how attendees will interact with your event.
Resources - this allows you to upload documents, link URLs, or relevant material for your attendees which will appear in the Docs tab of the attendee engagement panel.
Polls - If you want to feature a poll for attendees to vote on, you can create them here. During the event, it will appear in the Polls tab in the engagement panel. As a speaker or moderator, you’ll be able to open polls for attendees to respond to, however during a simulive session, you will not be able to share poll results to the stage. Learn more about polls here.
To create a poll, click the +Create Poll button. Then enter the question text, the answer options, and select if you'd like this poll to be multiselect. Then click Save Poll.
- Raising Hand – Audience members will not be able to click "Raise Hand" and join speakers on stage to ask a question, because the video playing on your event stage is prerecorded and cannot be interrupted. This toggle will always be off for simulive sessions.
- Q&A – audience members can type questions in the Q&A tab in the engagement panel and organizers can respond via text. However, during simulive sessions you and your speakers will not be able to “present” it on stage in text form.
- Attendee Count – you can decide if you'd like the number of attendees viewing the session to be visible to everyone in attendance, or only to organizers. If enabled, the attendee count will appear in the bottom left corner of the stage.
Here are a few tips and tricks for creating an engaging pre-recorded session:
- Have a few Polls lined up. You'll still be able to launch them during the event itself. Pro tip: outline in the speakers' script a call to action asking attendees to vote for these polls. Your team can then launch these polls during these designated times.
- If possible, have the speakers (or someone else with subject expertise) readily available during this event to answer any and all questions in the chat.
On the RTMP Out tab, you can set up streaming from the Goldcast platform to other platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Learn more about how to stream Goldcast out to other platforms.
Once you are finished adding all of your event details and engagement options, click the Save button in the bottom right corner. Your session is now added to your event agenda!
Once a session has been added to your agenda, a blue label will be displayed under its name to indicate its broadcast type.