Note: Google Analytics only captures data for event Registration pages, not pages within the event itself.
The Google Analytics integration syncs user interaction with event Registration pages to your Analytics Account using Google's Global Site Tag functionality.
The following prerequisites must be satisfied before you can begin the Google Analytics integration process.
Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
A Data Stream that has been configured for Web platforms. Please refer to Google's documentation if you are unfamiliar with how to set this up.
Connecting a Google Analytics Stream to a Goldcast Org
The following information from your Analytics Account will be required to complete this integration:
- The Global Site Tag Script for the Data Stream you would like to link to a Goldcast Org.
Follow the instructions below for obtaining this information and setting up your integration.
- Select the Admin icon in the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Once you have been redirected to the Admin page, select the Data Streams link from the Property menu.
- A list of all Data Streams associated with your account will appear. Select the stream you would like to link to your Goldcast Org to continue.
- You will be redirected to its Details page. Locate the Tagging Instructions menu then click on the Global site tag (gtag.js) dropdown under the Add new on-page tag tab.
- Once the dropdown opens, select the copy icon to copy the Global Site Tag Script.
Now that you've copied the script, you are ready to set up your integration.
- In Goldcast, select Integrations from the Admin Panel.
- You will be redirected to the Integration Tools page. Select the Google Analytics tile to continue.
- Once you've arrived at the Google Analytics page, paste the Global Site Tag Script you saved earlier into the provided field, then select the Connect button.
- A green Connected Successfully message will appear, indicating that the integration is complete.
Viewing Goldcast Registration Data in Google Analytics
After you've connected your Google Analytics account to a Goldcast Org, you will be able to track engagement metrics in realtime.
You will also be able to view reports about the demographics of the users visiting your Registration pages and their engagement with them.
The following is a list of all events tracked within Google Analytics when a Registration page is visitied
|session_start||User has visited an event Registration page.|
|first_visit||User is visiting an event Registration page for the first time.|
|page_view||User has visited an event Registration page.|
|Scroll||User has visited an event Registration page and scrolled to view additional information.|
|Open Registration||User has viewed a Registration Form for an event.|
|Submit Registration||User has submitted and registered for an event.|
|Share||User has viewed the Share link for an event Registration page|
|user_engagement||Logs information about how users have interacted with Registration pages. Examples may include, the time spent on the page, how many times they have visited the page, and where they've obtained the registration link from.|