SAML App Integration
Creating a New App Integration
- From the Admin page, select Applications link from the left Navigation bar. Once you have been redirected, select the Create App Integration button at the top of the page.
- A window will appear. Select SAML 2.0 from the list of sign-in methods, then click the Next button.
- Enter Goldcast Admin App (SAML 2.0) into the App Name field. This will be your base app integration and should not be accessed by users. Instructions for restricting access to this application will be reviewed in a later section of this document.
- If you would like, you may also upload the Goldcast Logo to the App logo field.
- Select the Next button to continue.
The Configure SAML settings page is where you will enter the information needed to connect your Okta account with the Goldcast platform, please review these instructions carefully to ensure a smooth integration process.
- Enter the following URL into the Single sign on URL field:
- Next, enter the following ID into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field:
Scroll to the Attributes Statements section of the page.
- Enter the URL below into the Name field:
- And the following string into the Value field:
- Once you have finished, select the Next button at the bottom of the page.
- On the Feedback page, select the I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app option then click the Finish button.
Identity Provider Metadata Hyperlink
After you have finished setting up your app, you will be redirected to its profile. This is where you will find the Identity Provider metadata URL needed to begin setting up your Single Sign On (SSO) Integration. You will need to email this URL to Goldcast Support.
Once the team has received this URL, you will be provided with the URL you will use for your SSO Integration.
Please review the instructions below for retrieving this URL.
- Select the Sign On tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the Identity Provider metadata URL and right-click to copy it.
Instructions for setting up your SSO integration can be found in the next section of this document.
SSO App Integration
Creating a Bookmark App
- From the Admin page, select Applications link from the left Navigation bar. Once you have been redirected, select the Browse App Catalog button at the top of the page.
- In the Search field, enter Bookmark App and select it from the dropdown.
- Enter Goldcast Admin App into the Application label field and the URL provided to you by the Goldcast Support team into the URL field.
- Select the Done button to complete the setup process.
Uploading a Bookmark App Logo
Once you have completed the setup process, you will be redirected to the Profile page for your Bookmark app.
- Select the edit icon in the logo field and upload the following Goldcast icon.
Disable SAML Application Visibility
The SAML application's primary function is to carry out processes that allow the Bookmark application to operate. Users will only be able to access the Goldcast platform through the Bookmark app.
To avoid confusion during the sign-in process, we strongly recommend removing the SAML application icon from your user's dashboards.
Please review the instructions below for disabling this icon:
- Select the General tab at the top of the application's Profile page.
- Click the Edit button on the App Settings menu to begin making updates.
- Under the Application Visibility parameter, select the Do not display application icon to users checkbox.
- Click the Save button to complete this update.
Now that you have set up your SAML and Bookmark app, you will need to assign all necessary users to both apps.
Once they have been assigned, instruct your users to click on the Bookmark app from their Dashboard to log in.