- Goldcast's Default Email Template
- Creating Custom Email Templates
- Scheduling Confirmation & Reminder Emails
- Updating Your Email Alias
- Changing the Subject Header
- Testing Your Email Template
- Sending a Custom Email
Email templates should be set up before you open registration for your event, as they will be used to send an initial RSVP confirmation email to new registrants as well as additional reminder emails in the days leading up to your event.
When an attendee signs up to your event, it's very important that they receive both a confirmation email that includes both their Unique Login Link to join your event day-of and a button to add the event (and their unique login link) to their calendar.
Goldcast's Default Email Template
All Goldcast Events are set up with default email templates that can be applied to the various emails in your event email schedule.
Goldcast's default template looks like this:
Creating Custom Email Templates
Goldcast event emails are set up with a default template that determines the contents and appearance of all emails sent to event registrants. However, if you would like to use a custom template for your event registration and reminder emails, you can do so by selecting the edit icon next to the email and selecting it from the Email Template In Use dropdown.
An example of what your email template could say is:
"Thank you for registering for ACME event. We look forward to seeing you at ##date. And then add another few sentences here on what else you may want them to know - or something to get them a bit more excited."
As you are crafting your template, please keep these things in mind:
- For the login link, replace the URL with: ####
- For the add to calendar link put: ##$$
- And if you want to greet the receiver of the email by name put: ##user_name
- To have the event title automatically fill in to your template where you want it to appear, put: ##title
- To have the event date automatically fill in where you want it to appear, put: ##date
- To pull the event About section, put: ##description
- In the email, include this information to your attendees:
- "The platform is accessed through your web browser. For the best experience, access the platform via Chrome or Safari browsers and pause VPN and ad-blockers."
Custom email templates must be added to your Goldcast Org's Library for them to appear in the templates dropdown on this page.
Navigating to the Email Templates Page
- Select the Library link from the Admin Panel.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Email Template tab at the top of the page
- From here, you can either upload a custom email template in an HTML file format or create one from scratch within the Goldcast app itself. Instructions for each can be found in the following sections of this document.
Uploading an HTML Template
- Select the Upload HTML Template button from the Email Template tab on the Library page.
- A popup will appear. Click the Select HTML to Upload button and select the template you would like to upload from your computer files.
- Once your template has been uploaded, use the Template Name field to enter a name.
- Click the Upload button to complete this process.
Creating an Email Template in Goldcast
- Select the Create New Template from Scratch button from the Email Template tab on the Library page.
- You will be redirected to an editor that you will use to construct your email template. Click here for additional instructions on using BEE's template editor.
- Once you have finished creating your template, select the Save button.
- Enter a name for your template in the Template Name field then select the Create Template button to create your template.
If this is your first (or even tenth!) time creating an event on Goldcast, please always feel free to reach out to our customer success team to help with the creation of this template - or to give it a once-over.
Scheduling Confirmation & Reminder Emails
Choose your email reminder schedule by clicking the Update Schedule button then selecting or deselecting the emails from the popup list.
You can choose to have emails sent:
- When someone registers
- You may also select to have a calendar invitation sent to users when they register for your event by checking or unchecking the button next to "Include Calendar Invite"
- 7 days before your event begins
- 2 days before your event begins
- 1 day before your event begins
- 12 hours before your event begins
- 4 hours before your event begins
- 1 hour before your event begins
- 5 minutes before your event begins
Updating Your Email Alias
Emails from the Goldcast platform will always come from firstname.lastname@example.org and this cannot be changed. However, you can change the name the email appears to come from. If you leave the default settings, the emails will appear to come from "Goldcast". You can change this name to appear as "Your Name from XYZ Company" or "The Team at XYZ Company", for example.
To change this, select the edit icon for the From Name field and enter the name you'd like the email to appear to come from.
Changing the Subject Header
If you'd like the subject for each email to say something different, you may consider editing each one separately. Select the edit icon next to an email template to update its subject line. Once you have finished, click the Save button.
Don't Forget to Test Your Email Template!
Before you can consider this done, it's imperative that you test out the email. To do so, select the edit icon next to the email template you would like to test, then click the Send Test Email button under the Email Template In Use dropdown. Check your inbox for the confirmation email and ensure the content and subject matches up with what you had in mind.
Some things to keep in mind:
- The email will come from email@example.com.
- Test emails are sent to the email associated with the account you are logged into. If this email is not your own, you will need to verify with its owner that the email has been received.
- If you are already registered for the event, you will not receive a confirmation email and you will need to use a different email to sign-up and test this out. If you do not have a second email to use, you can utilize this resource: https://temp-mail.org/en/
Sending a Custom Email
In the time leading up to your event, you may need to send an additional email to your event registrants that isn't a part of the existing email schedule for your event. For example, if the event has been rescheduled or a change has been made to the event program.
Please review the instructions below for sending a custom email:
- Select the Send Custom Email tab from the top of the Emails page.
- Enter your subject header in the Subject field.
- Select the template you have created for your email from the Email Template In Use dropdown.
Note: Custom email templates must be added to your Goldcast Org's Library for them to appear in the templates dropdown on this page. Please review the above section of this document for instructions on completing this process.
- Before sending an email, is good practice to send a test email to yourself before sending an email our to event registrants. Select the Send Test Email button and check your email to verify that its formatting and contents are correct.
- Once you have tested your email, you will be ready to send it our to your guests. Select the Send button. This will send the email to all event registrants.