Password-protected events provide an added layer of security that may be desirable to some event organizers. That said, there are additional steps that event registrants must take in order to create their user profiles and access the event.
In this document, we will be reviewing how to setup passwords for event registrants when an event is password-protected.
Setting up Event Registrant Passwords
Please review the instructions below for setting up your password if you have registered or are interested in registering for an event.
If you haven't already, go ahead and register for the event you would like to attend. You will need to provide your email, first, and last name.
After you have registered, Goldcast Support will reach out to you via email with a unique authentication link for the event. You will need this link to set up your password as well as edit your user profile, and access the event itself!
- From the event authentication page, enter your email into the provided field then select the Next button.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Forgot Credentials link at the bottom of the login form. A message will appear, informing you that that a secret code has been sent to your email.
- Find and open the email containing your secret code. The senders address will be email@example.com. If you're not seeing the email in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
- Copy the secret code from the email, then return to the previous page.
- Paste the secret code into the Secret Code field then enter your new password into the remaining fields.
- Click the Next button to finish setting up your password.