Password-protected events provide an added layer of security that may be desirable to some event organizers. Organizers who would like to host a password-protected event should reach out to their CSM. Once the feature has been enabled, organizers will be provided with an authentication link that can be used to access the event. They will also need to disable all emails in their email schedule for the event and make sure to include this link in any external email reminders leading up to the event.
Once an event is password-protected, there are additional steps that event organizers will need to take in order to create their user profiles and access the event. In this document, we will be reviewing how to setup passwords for event organizers when an event is password-protected.
Setting up Organizer Passwords
Please review the instructions below for setting up your password if you are an organizer.
- Navigate to events.goldcast.io. This page can be accessed from the organizer login page by selecting the here link under the login form.
- Once you have been redirected to the page, enter the email address associated with your account, then click the Next button.
From here, Goldcast will automatically send you an email containing a temporary password.
- Find and open the email containing your temporary password. The sender's address will be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're not seeing the email in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
- Copy the temporary password from the email, then return to the previous page.
- Paste the temporary password into the provided field, then click the Next button.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter your password of choice into the provided fields then click the Next button to finish setting up your password.