Note: This document covers an old method for creating HubSpot Event Registrants that is no longer recommended. Please consider using our current method instead.
- Creating a Webhook URL in Goldcast
- Setting up a Workflow for Event Registrants in HubSpot
Note: The ability to use Webhook actions is a paid feature. Organizers interested in Hybrid events with Growth package should reach out to their CSM to discuss their options.
HubSpot webhook URLs have recently been removed from the Registration page in Goldcast after the introduction of a new, streamlined process for creating event registrants using HubSpot workflows. The purpose of this document is to provide a workaround for users who still wish to use workflows with webhook actions to create event registrants.
Creating a Webhook URL in Goldcast
Collecting the Event ID and Form ID from your Goldcast Event
Before you can begin constructing your Webhook URL, you will need to obtain the Form and Event ID for your event.
- From the Details section of your event, select the About This Event link at the bottom of the page.
- A popup will appear containing your Goldcast Form and Event ID. Copy the Form ID and Goldcast Event ID and store them in a note or document for later use.
Using Your Form and Event ID to Construct a Webhook URL
Now that you have your Form and Event ID, you are ready to begin constructing your Webhook URL.
The link below can be used as a template for your Webhook URL. Simply replace
yourEventID with your Event ID and
yourFormID with your Form ID as the value for each respective URL parameter.
- Do not remove any dashes (-) or make changes to character cases. Both IDs should be added to your URL exactly as they were copied from the Details page.
- Verify that both IDs have been placed after the correct URL parameter.
Setting up a Workflow for Event Registrants in HubSpot
Once you have assembled and copied your Webhook URL, you will be ready to set up your workflow in HubSpot. This process uses HubSpot enrollment triggers (i.e. form submissions, membership lists, etc.) to identify contacts who should be registered for your event. Once this information has been received, it will then trigger a webhook that automatically adds them to your Event Registrant list in Goldcast.
Click here for additional information about configuring webhooks.
Please review the instructions below for completing this process.
- To begin, create a workflow that is initiated by an enrollment trigger.
- Next, you will need to add a trigger webhook to the workflow and set its Method to POST.
- Paste the URL you copied earlier into the Webhook URL field then click the Save button.
Once your setup is complete, you will want to make sure that your workflow is turned on. Otherwise, information will not be communicated to your Goldcast event.
Webhook registrations will appear on the Registrants page for your event after they have been identified in HubSpot. This process might take several minutes. If you do not see your registrants, check back in a few minutes.