- Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Slack Workspace
- Assigning Your Integration to a Slack Channel
- Viewing Goldcast Event Notifications in Slack
The Slack + Salesforce Integration allows you to send notifications about event registrations and attendance in Goldcast to a specific channel in your Slack Workspace. Additionally, it can also be integrated with Salesforce accounts to notify Lead Owners every time a lead registers for an event
Please note: this feature is only available for the Premier and Enterprise Tiers. If you're interested in utilizing this feature, please reach out to your designated CSM.
- Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
- A Slack Workspace with a channel that can be used to receive notifications from Goldcast.
- Permission to install apps. If you do not have these permissions yourself, please refer to this article for instructions on how to submit an app approval request to a Workspace Owner who does.
- A Salesforce account with permissions to add leads and install apps.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Slack Workspace
Note: Before beginning the Slack + Salesforce integration process, we recommend logging into your Slack Workspace as well as your Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
Installing the Slack + Salesforce Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the Slack + Salesforce tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "Slack + Salesforce" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
Connecting Your Slack Workspace
- To begin, select the New Authentication button on the screen.
- A popup will appear. Assign a name to your integration using the provided field and click the Create button to continue.
- You will be redirected to an Authentication screen where you will be asked to provide access to information in your Slack workspace. Select the Allow button connect your workspace.
- Next, you will be asked to connect a Salesforce account to your integration. Select the New Authentication button. If you already have a Salesforce account associated with your Goldcast org, you may select it from the dropdown.
- Enter an authentication name into the provided field then select the Create button.
- You will be redirected to an Authentication screen where you will be asked to provide access to information in your Salesforce account. Select the Allow button.
- If the account connection is successful, a blue Authentication successfully created message will appear. Select the Finish button to complete this process.
Assigning Your Integration to a Slack Channel
- Select the event you would like to assign to a Slack channel from the Events page.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Slack + Salesforce tile.
- You will see a list of all of the channels in your Slack Workspace. Search for and select the channel that you would like to send notifications about your event to.
- The Notify the Owner toggle is enabled by default. This tells the integration to send a notification to Salesforce Lead Owner in Slack every time one of their Leads registers for an event. Select the toggle to disable this feature.
- Once you have selected a channel, click the Save Changes button to complete this process.
Note: When an event that has been assigned to a Slack Channel is duplicated, the new event will have the same Slack Channel assigned to it automatically.
Viewing Goldcast Event Notifications in Slack
Note: If the Slack channel you have selected is not receiving notifications, a Workspace Owner may need to approve the app installation. Please refer to this article for instructions on how to submit an app approval request.
After you have successfully installed the Slack + Salesforce Integration and connected it to a channel, you will begin receiving notifications every time a user has registered for or attended your event. A Notified message will appear at the bottom of each notification to indicate who the Salesforce Lead Owner of a registrant is.
Registration notifications will also be sent directly to the Lead Owner.
Additionally, they will also receive notifications about event attendance with information about each attendee along with a unique magic link to enter the event. If the Lead Owner has not registered for the event, a registration link will be provided instead.