Note: The Goldcast platform can only be integrated with instances of Pardot using version 4 or higher of the Pardot API. Instructions for transitioning to version 4 can be found here.
- Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Pardot Account
- Assigning Segmentation Lists to Events in Goldcast
- Viewing Registrants
The Pardot integration allows you to push registrants that you are collecting on a Pardot segmentation list into Goldcast to get registered for a virtual/hybrid event or webinar. This will allow you to collect registrations through Pardot instead of Goldcast
- Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast
- The Event ID associated with the Goldcast Event you would like to connect to your Pardot account
- A Pardot account with permissions to create Lists.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Pardot Account
Note: Before beginning the Pardot integration process, we recommend logging into your Pardot account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
Obtaining Your Pardot Business ID
The following information from your Pardot account will be required to complete this integration:
- Your Pardot Business Unit ID
- Any Segmentation List IDs for any Lists you would like to connect to your integration
Follow the instructions below for obtaining this information and setting up your integration.
- Select the Setup link from the Settings dropdown on the top Navigation bar.
- Once you have been redirected, open the Pardot menu under the Platform Tools section of the Setup Panel and select the Pardot Account Setup link.
- Find the Business Unit you would like to associate with your integration and copy its corresponding Business Unit ID. We recommend saving this in a note or document to return to later.
Installing the Pardot Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the Pardot tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "Pardot" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
Connecting Your Pardot Account
- To begin, select the New Authentication button on the screen.
- A popup will appear. Assign a name to your integration in the Your authentication name field.
- Select Production from the Salesforce Environment dropdown and Production from the Pardot Environment dropdown.
- Next, you will need to enter the Business Unit ID you copied earlier into the Business Unit ID field. Once you have done so, select the Create button to authenticate your account.
- If the account connection is successful, a blue Authentication successfully created message will appear. Select the Finish button to complete this process.
Assigning Segmentation Lists to Events in Goldcast
Obtaining Segmentation List IDs
Segmentation Lists can be accessed from the Prospects page.
- Select the App Launcher then search for and select Prospects.
- From the Prospects page, select the Segmentation Lists link from the Segmentation dropdown on the Prospects Panel to continue.
- A table of all of your lists will appear. Search for and identify the list you will be using for your integration. If you still need to create a list, you may also do so from this page by selecting the Add List button.
Once you have identified the list you would like to associate with an event in Goldcast, you will need to copy its respective List ID. List IDs can be found in a Lists URL.
- Right-click on the list's name, copy the URL, and paste it into your browser's address bar. Do not go to the page itself.
- The List ID can be found at the end of the URL. Highlight and copy this ID. We recommend storing it in a note or document to return to later.
Adding a Segmentation List ID to an Event
- Select the event you would like to assign a Pardot Segmentation List to from the Events page.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Pardot tile.
- Paste the List ID you copied earlier into the Enter Segmentation List ID field then select the Add button to complete the integration process.
- Your List ID will appear in a table along with the name of your Segmentation List, indicating that integration process is complete.
Deleting a Segmentation List from an Event
- Select the delete button that corresponds with the Segmentation List you would like to remove from your event.
- A popup will appear, asking you to confirm that you would like to remove the list. Select the Delete button to continue.
- Once your List has been removed from the List ID list, select the Save Changes button to complete this process.
Once your integration has been set up, you should start noticing your Registrants list in Goldcast begin to populate with the Prospects (registrants) you provided in your Pardot Segmentation List(s).
Note: If you would like to delete a registrant from your Registration List in Goldcast, you will need to remove them as a prospect from your Segmentation List in Pardot first. This is because the Pardot Integration automatically adds any prospect from a Segmentation List that is not already included in the Registration List for your event.