Add virtual backgrounds to your event
Speakers in Goldcast events can choose to have no virtual background, to use a standard blur, or to select from an image or images the event organizer uploads for them.
To upload background images for your speakers to use:
- Log in to your Goldcast admin panel
- Open the event you want to add virtual backgrounds to by clicking on its name in the event list
- Click the Branding section on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down to the Video Production section
- Click Upload Image, then select a file from your computer
- Note that your image must be smaller than 1600 x 1600 px and should have a ratio of 16:9 for best performance
- Click the blue Upload button
- Now that you have uploaded an image, you will see it populate in the Preview window on the right, behind the images of the sample speakers
- If you would like, you can choose to upload more images. If you upload more than one image, you will need to identify one image as the Default Image. This background will be the one that will show up behind your speakers automatically when they enter your event, until they change it or remove it.
- To select your Default image, click "Make Default" next to the image thumbnail
- Once you have uploaded all of your images and selected your Default, click the blue Publish button at the bottom right of your screen
Selecting virtual backgrounds
During the event, the image you selected as the Default image will automatically populate as the speakers' background image.
To change this image:
- Click the settings gear in the toolbar
- Under the virtual backgrounds section, choose from None, Blur, or one of the uploaded image options
- If there are no virtual background images uploaded, speakers will always have the option to have no background (None), or a blurred background (Blur).
- If you upload a virtual background while an event is live, speakers will need to refresh the Goldcast event before they will be able to see it.