The HubSpot Contacts Field Mapping feature allows you to map Goldcast’s Standard Event User properties to your HubSpot Contacts. Using this feature, only Standard Event User Properties(Standard Fields) in Goldcast are mappable. Please visit here to know about Standard Fields in Goldcast.
Note: Make sure your event registration forms are set up to collect the Goldcast properties you’ve mapped to HubSpot. If you aren’t collecting registrant data for your mapped properties, no data can be sent to HubSpot. To know more about how to creating and assigning forms for your events, click here.
To setup your Contacts Field Mapping for HubSpot in the Goldcast, you should install and connect your Goldcast org to your HubSpot.
Note: If you're an existing user of the HubSpot Integration in Goldcast, you should re-authenticate your HubSpot Integration from the Integrations tab in your Goldcast account. To find out more about how to re-authenticate, refer to this section of the document.
- Select the Integrations tab on the Admin Panel’s left navigation bar.
- Select the Edit(Pencil icon) that is displayed adjacent to your HubSpot Integration record.
- Go to the Contact Field Mapping tab.
You will now be able to see a screen which lets you map your Goldcast Standard properties to Contact Properties in HubSpot. Make sure you can see 3 default mappings already setup for First Name, Last Name and Email. Also, Email being a unique field in Goldcast used to identify an event registrant, the update policy for Email field cannot be modified.
Note: The Policy(Update Policy) denotes how the fields in HubSpot will get updated upon change in Goldcast Fields. We have three options for Update policy
- Always Update: This will update your Contacts in HubSpot always when your mapped field in Goldcast gets updated.
- Don’t update if source is empty: This will not update your Contacts in HubSpot if the mapped field in Goldcast is empty.
- Only update when target is empty: This will only update your Contacts in HubSpot if the mapped field in HubSpot is empty.
Configuring Field Mapping in your Goldcast org
Setup your new mapping from the record created on the screen. This will consist of selecting 3 components :
- Field in Goldcast will be collected from your forms.
- Field in HubSpot will get updated.
- Update Policy: This is the way Contact Field Mappings will update target fields in HubSpot.
- To add a new mapping, click on the Add Mapping button displayed on the bottom of your screen.
- Select your Field name in Goldcast from the first drop down, for ex. Utm_Source.
- Select the corresponding Contact Field name in HubSpot.
- Choose the update policy that seems appropriate according to your requirement for Contacts in HubSpot.
- Similarly, repeat this process for all the Standard Fields you want to map.
- Once done, click on Save to save the field mapping for HubSpot, this will give you a green pop up with a success message HubSpot Field Mapping Updated Successfully.
Viewing data in HubSpot
To see the field mapping in action, you need to setup a form using our Form Builder. Instruction for which can be found here. Please make sure the Goldcast Fields you want to map to HubSpot Contacts are present in the Form(default form)
- Go to your Goldcast org Account, click on your event to edit it.
- In the bottom left of your Details tab of an event, copy the Registration Link for the event.
- Open a new incognito tab of your browser, and paste the URL to view the registration page.
- Enter your details into the Goldcast Fields present on the Registration Form. Please copy the email ID that is being entered as we'll use it later steps.
- Click on Register to finish your registration process.
- Go to Contacts in your HubSpot Instance that has been authenticated with Goldcast.
- Search the email ID you copied in the steps above, this will fetch you the associated contact with that Email.
- Click on the Contact Name to view the Contact Profile.
- Scroll down in the left pane to find View All Properties.
- You can now observe the changes in property value of fields that were mapped in your Goldcast org, in this case, UTM Parameters.
- Click on Details for each property to view details such as Source and Timestamp when it got updated.