- Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Wistia Account
- Connecting your Event to a Wistia Project
- Viewing Goldcast Event Recordings in Wistia
The Wistia Integration allows you to automatically upload your Goldcast recordings to a particular Project in Wistia.
- Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
- A Wistia account with API Token settings access.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Wistia Account
Note: Before beginning the Wistia integration process, we recommend logging into your Wistia account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
Installing the Wistia Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the Wistia tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "Wistia" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
Connecting Your Wistia Account
Before you connect your Wistia Account. You will need your API Access Token key from your Wistia Account.
- To begin, login to your Wistia account. Do not close your Goldcast browser tab to continue the installation process.
- In Wistia, Go to Account and click on Settings to see your Wistia Settings.
- Scroll down on the left to click on API Access. Here you can see all the API tokens.
- Copy the API Token Password displayed in the text box belonging to Master Token.
- Switch to the Goldcast browser tab, enter the copied API Token Password in a format of Bearer<space>copied-token-key.
- If the account connection is successful, a blue Authentication successfully created message will appear. Select the Finish button to complete this process.
Connecting Your Event to a Wistia Project
- Select the event you would like to connect Wistia Project from the Events page.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Wistia tile.
- You will see a list of all of the Projects in your Wistia account upon expanding the drop down. Search for and select the project that you would like your event recordings to sync to.
- Once you have selected a project, click the Connect button to complete this process.
Note: When an event that has Wistia project is duplicated, the new event will not have any residual settings from the original event. You need to configure Wistia for that event like a new event if needed.
Viewing Goldcast Event Recordings in Wistia
After you have successfully installed the Wistia Integration and connected it to a Project, all the Goldcast Events recordings will uploaded and synced automatically into the selected Wistia Project.
Please observe that the recording for a particular event in the Library page in Goldcast.
Recordings will automatically be uploaded all the upcoming and live events that have valid recordings in their Library section in Goldcast for an event and Wistia Integration has been configured for an event.
If you can't see your recordings in your Wistia project, please check back in some time.