Note: Webhook functionality is a paid, add-on feature in addition to your Goldcast package. Organizers interested in using Webhooks to monitor Event Activity should reach out to their CSM to discuss their options.
The Goldcast platform allows you to track Event User activities using Webhooks. In this document, we will be reviewing the steps for connecting a Webhook from an external platform to an event in Goldcast.
Webhooks: are used to connect two different applications. These are the automated calls, in which a condition or event is set on the workflow/API call, and the action is taken place only when the event or condition occurs. For example, when a support ticket is created in Zendesk, push this ticket to JIRA or create a Trello card or when a new user signs up on xyz.com, the automated call can be configured in such a way asking the server to send out a welcome email to the signed-up user.
A webhook is a lightweight API as it’s only one-way data sharing triggered by events. A REST API is a two-way or bi-directional call that can push and pull data.
- Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
Enabling Webhooks for your Goldcast org
Note: Before beginning the Webhooks integration process, we recommend logging into your Goldcast org account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click the Learn More link on the Webhooks tile.
- Once you have been redirected, select the Install This App button.
You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your Goldcast Org. An Install "Webhooks" popup will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Application Name field, then click the Install button to complete this process.
- Note: There is no authentication needed as its to Enable the Webhooks for any org. If you error when you click final Install button, please check with your CSM.
- Select Finish to complete this process which will give you a green completed successfully message on the screen.
Adding a Webhook
- From the Goldcast Events page, select the edit icon that corresponds with the event you would like to add a webhook to.
- You will be redirected to the event's Details page. Select the Connected Apps link from the Event Panel to continue.
- Select the Open button on the Webhook tile.
- Click the Create New Webhook button to create and configure your new webhook.
- Use the Webhook Name field to enter a name for your webhook.
- Enter your webhook URL into the URL field.
- Select the Add a Key-value Pair link to add headers as needed.
- Under the Trigger Activities section, select the checkbox next to any activity trigger that is associated with any information you would like sent to your webhook.
- Once you have finished, review each section for accuracy then select the Save Changes button.
Your webhook will appear on the Webhooks tile of the Connected Apps page once it has been created.
Editing and Removing Webhooks
If you would like to make changes to or remove a webhook from your event, you can do so from the Webhooks tile of the Connected Apps page.
Editing a Webhook
Select the edit icon to make updates to your webhook.
Deleting a Webhook
If you would like to remove your webhook entirely, selecting its delete icon. Once the popup appears, select the Yes, Remove button to complete the removal process.