Sometimes, scheduling conflicts may prevent you from presenting live at a Goldcast event. Alternatively, an organizer might prefer to pre-record and edit your presentation before presenting it to the audience.
Goldcast can effortlessly pre-record the speaker’s presentation and play it back for event attendees during the live session. This feature eradicates the stress of last-minute cancellations and helps avoid rescheduling the event due to speaker schedule conflicts.
This guide walks you through everything you need to know about pre-recording your presentation on Goldcast.
In this article
- Entering the event
- When your session begins
- Playing media content during your session
- Ending the session
- For Organizers
Entering the event
Note: The recording will ONLY happen at the scheduled session time. Though you can enter the stage before the scheduled time, Goldcast will NOT record the session beforehand. So, enter at the scheduled time to start recording your presentation.
Follow these steps to enter the event:
- The event organizer will share your unique magic link and let you know when your scheduled recording session will begin.
- Click on the magic link, scroll down the page and click the Enter Backstage button on your session.
- You will go through the speaker tech check, which checks if your microphone and camera are ready, and then land in your session's backstage area.
When your session begins
Around 15 minutes before your session goes live, you can notice a countdown timer at the bottom left of the screen. It indicates how much time is left before the session begins.
When the timer reaches zero, the session goes live, and your recording has begun! Click the red Go Live On Stage button to join the stage and start speaking.
Playing media content during your session
You can access media content the organizer has added to the session using the Media tab on the Engagement Panel on the right side of the event stage. You can share PDF slides and play videos from this menu.
Select the Slides button under the Media tab to view the slides you've added to your session. Select the Share button in the bottom-right corner of a slide to display it on your event stage at any time during your session.
To stop sharing the slide and return to the live broadcast, click either of the Stop Sharing buttons at the bottom right of the screen.
Select the Video button under the Media tab to view the videos you've added to your session. Select the Play button corresponding to the video you want to play on your event stage.
When the video ends, or if you want to return to the live broadcast before that, click the STOP VIDEO button at the bottom right of your screen.
You MUST click STOP VIDEO once a video ends - the session will not automatically return to playing the live stream, and you will not be seen or heard until you do.
Sharing your screen
You can also share your computer screen during the session. To share your screen, click the square icon.
To end your screen share, click the Stop Sharing button.
Ending the session
When you have finished presenting, click the red Leave Stage button to return to the backstage area. The recording will end once no speakers or content are left on the stage. The recording will continue to capture content up to 30 minutes after the session’s end time if you exceed your allotted session length.
Once you have returned to the backstage area, you can close the Goldcast window in your browser.
Event organizers can download the speaker’s recorded session by following these steps:
- Login to Goldcast Studio using your credentials.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
- Select your preferred event and navigate to the Recordings tab using the left navigation panel.
- On this page, you can find a list of all recordings available for your event. Find the recording corresponding to the speaker’s presentation and click the download icon.
- You can download the recording, edit it, and upload it to a pre-recorded/live session as per your requirements.
- Goldcast automatically records all sessions, as long as it isn’t a test event.
- Session recordings are available once Goldcast has finished processing it. It might take up to the session length time for processing. For example, if the speaker’s presentation was one hour long, it might take up to one hour for Goldcast to process and make the recording available for download.
- You can download session recordings as soon as they’re available. You don’t have to wait for the entire event to end.
Refer to our guide on event and room recordings for more information.