The RTMP Out feature gives event organizers the ability to stream Goldcast event sessions on other streaming platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn. RTMP streams play in real time with a delay of about 15-20 seconds.
- RTMP out session should be created at least 20 minutes before the start time of the session.
- Because broadcasts are mapped to streams and play in real-time, you will need to make sure that the start time for your stream matches the start time of your Goldcast event broadcast.
- RTMP out feature is not available for Test Events. Before testing your stream, you will need to disable the Test Event toggle by clicking Edit Event in the top right corner of your event.
Connecting a Goldcast Stream to Another Platform
RTMP Out streams have a maximum length of five hours. If you need to stream for longer than that, please inform the Goldcast CS team at least four hours before your event.
- Copy the Stream Key and URL from the platform you would like to connect your event session to. We recommend saving it in a note or document so you can return to it later.
- Open Goldcast Studio and click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
- From your Events list, click the event name to open.
- Click Program in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the session you’d like to stream out.
- Scroll down to the RTMP Out section and click the arrow next to it to expand it if necessary.
- Enter the Stream URL and Stream Key into either the Facebook, YouTube, or Custom sections.
- Click Save.
Tip: If you are having trouble connecting your broadcast, verify that there is a trailing slash at the end of your stream URL.