The Dos and Don'ts of Screensharing
When you want to screenshare:
- If there are gifs you would like attendees to see - if you use our Slide feature, you will need to convert the presentation to a PDF so gifs will not be able to be seen
- If you have a second screen
- If you want to be in control of your slides -- if you do not want to be, then please use the Slides feature, that way the organizer can help control the slides for you
When you should not screenshare:
- To show a video - please upload the video and use the Hybrid Broadcast feature for this. The reason being, is that if you screenshare a video this could potentially cause lag when the video is shown to attendees
- If you are using Apple Keynote and need to share sound; sound is unable to be shared via Google Chrome when using Apple Keynote, so attendees will not be able to hear
- If you only have one screen - if you're screensharing on your computer screen and do not have a second monitor, you will be unable to see yourself on Goldcast while screensharing. If you'd like to see both yourself on the Goldcast monitor and your slides, please use the Slides feature.
You're able to screenshare on Goldcast if:
- You are a speaker on stage
- You are a speaker watching live
- You are an admin on stage
- You are an admin watching live
- You are an attendee who joined stage using the "raise hand" feature
- You are in a networking room or a booth's networking room
- You are in a breakout room
Please follow these steps to screenshare on Goldcast:
Much like other events you have attended, you’ll see the option to share your screen directly below your video. You will need to join the stage as a speaker.
Once on stage, click this button directly below:
When you do share your screen - whomever is the one sharing their screen - you can choose layout options:
When you hover over "Layout Options," you will see two options. The option to the right is the one pictured directly above. In this option, whomever is speaking will be shown to the left. So if there are four speakers, only the one who is speaking will be shown.
The option to the left is the one pictured directly below. In this layout, ALL speakers will be seen directly to the left. So if you have four speakers, they will all appear in a row (directly under one another) to the left sidebar.