Note: Roundtables are a paid feature that are only included in our Premier and Enterprise packages. Organizers interested in roundtables with a Growth package should reach out to their CSM to discuss their options.
Note: Webinar events do not have the option to have roundtable discussions.
Here is a quick rundown of how to create - and run - a Roundtable on the Goldcast platform. Before we get started, this is a quick rundown of what a Roundtable is:
- 1-3 speakers are on the stage to host a discussion
- Attendees can click a "Raise Hand" button on their end
- If approved, attendees can then join the speakers on stage in video form (they are able to turn off their video prior to joining)
- The attendees can then have a face-to-face conversation with the speakers on stage, in front of their peers
- Either the attendee can opt to leave stage or the speaker can push them off stage, when the conversation comes to an end
To get started, you'll first want to follow this help doc, which will take you through the steps of creating the actual event in the Goldcast platform. You'll want to make sure the event type is "Live" and the "Raise Hand" feature is enabled.
In addition to the "Raise Hand" feature, a few other features you may want to utilize are:
- Text Q&A -- however, do be careful with enabling this. Sometimes, if the text Q&A is enabled, attendees may opt to use this rather than Video
- Polls- always good to know who your audience is
- Sharing Resources with Attendees
A few tips to keep in mind when creating and preparing for a roundtable:
- You can gather data on who responded to which poll (and how) in addition to who clicked which resource doc, so definitely utilize these to help your sales and marketing teams
- You'll want to have engaging speakers that are prepared to chat if attendees do not Raise their Hand.
- Additionally, please make sure you're constantly reminding attendees to Raise their Hand so they can join you stage. Stage fright can be a thing even in a virtual setting!