You can test your Pre-recorded session before your event to ensure your videos have uploaded properly and will play as you intend.
For more information on creating a Pre-recorded session, see our guide on Setting up your event agenda.
To run a test of a Pre-recorded session:
- Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
- In the Events List, click on the event you’d like to test.
- Navigate to the Program section of your event on the menu on the left side and click Agenda.
- Make sure the videos that will play during your pre-recorded session are added to the session.
- Click the Start Test button on the Pre-recorded session you would like to test
- You will see “Starting test…” until the test is ready to begin.
- When the test has started, you will see “Ongoing” with a green dot in the bottom left corner of the session.
- Click Watch to open the session. Once the event opens, click Watch Live to see the stage.
- The video may take some time to buffer - typically around 2-3 mins more than the video length. A message is displayed at the bottom of the stage screen to indicate this. NOTE: This buffering time will not occur during your real event.
- Once buffered, the uploaded video starts playing and you can verify the content before the actual event.
- The test will run until the video(s) have reached the end.
- After the test event is started, you can always stop testing the video by clicking Stop Test on the Agenda.