This guide covers everything you need to know about adding and managing speakers in your Goldcast event.
In this article
- Add a speaker
- Quick actions
- Share speaker magic links
- Speaker section settings
- Best practices for creating a speaker profile
Add a speaker
There are two ways to add speakers to your event.
Method 1: Add a speaker to the Speakers section
To add a speaker to the Speakers section:
- Login to Goldcast Studio using your credentials.
- From the Events list, click the event you would like to add speakers to.
- Click Program in the menu on the left side of the screen and click Speakers to navigate to the Speaker Settings section.
- Click the New Speaker button on the right side.
- This opens the Create Speaker popup.
- Add the details for the required fields: email, first and last name of the speaker.
- If your speaker has been added to another Goldcast event before, their information will automatically populate when you enter their email.
- You can also include other optional details about the speaker, such as the speaker’s headshot (display picture), title, organization/company, description, LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.
Note: See the Best practices for creating speaker profiles section at the end of this document for more details on creating a great speaker profile.
- Click Create.
- You’ll be taken to a pop-up that allows you to assign your speaker to a specific session.
- If your event has a single session, you’ll be prompted to add the speaker to that session. However, if your event has multiple sessions and/or tracks, you can use the dropdown button to select your preferred track and the checkboxes to select the sessions to which you want to add the speaker.
- Click Add to complete the action.
- Watch out for the Speaker added to the session successfully! message.
- You can click Skip if you don’t want to add the speaker to a specific session immediately.
- However, if you do not add a speaker to any session, you’ll see a warning alert indicating the speaker doesn’t have access to any sessions.
- A speaker who is not added to a session will not have access to the backstage area of that session.
- You can change speaker assignments anytime by navigating to the Program → Speakers tab.
Method 2: Add a speaker directly to a session
Follow these steps to add a speaker directly to a session:
- Login to Goldcast Studio using your credentials.
- Select your preferred event, and navigate to your preferred session using the Program → Agenda menu on the left navigation panel.
- Click on the session to which you want to add a speaker. This opens the Edit Session Details window.
- Scroll to the Speakers section and click the arrow next to it. Use the +New Speaker button to add a new speaker to your session. Alternatively, you can use the Select Speaker button to choose an existing speaker from your list.
Note: You can add a speaker to as many of the event’s agenda items as you wish.
From the speaker list, you can take some quick actions:
- Hide a speaker from displaying on your event’s event registration page, landing page, agenda, and speakers section inside the event by clicking the Visible button.
- You may want to hide a speaker's name from appearing in your event because the speaker is a surprise guest, or you'd like to give speaker privileges to a staff member, volunteer, or assistant.
- Copy a speaker’s magic link by clicking the Link icon. Each one of your speakers will have a unique magic link. As such, you should share this link only with the assigned speaker.
- Reorder speakers by dragging the three lines on the right. The order in which your speakers appear in the Speakers section is how the speakers list will appear on your registration page and in the Speakers tab in your event.
Share speaker magic links
There are two ways to share speakers’ magic links:
Method 1: Manually via email
To share a speaker’s magic link manually via email:
- Copy the speaker’s magic link by clicking the Link icon next to the speaker’s name.
- Paste this link into a personal email to the speaker.
- Make sure to share this link with the speaker before your event.
Method 2: Using Goldcast’s bulk email send
To share all speakers’ magic links via bulk email:
- First, review and confirm the Speakers Instructions template is set up as you like:
- Navigate to Email → Templates using the left navigation panel. Select the [Speaker] Instructions template from the list and click the edit icon.
- Note the template must include the magic link macro (####) to give the speaker access to the backstage area of the event.
- Edit the template, then hit Save.
- After adding your speakers to the speaker list, navigate to Registration → Registrants using the left navigation panel.
- Locate the column called Role and click the filter icon.
- Click the checkbox next to Speaker. This will display only your speakers for this event.
- Click the checkbox above the avatars to select all, or select the speakers you’d like to send magic links to.
- Click Send Email.
- Enter an email subject line, and select the template Speaker Instructions Goldcast Template from the email template dropdown.
- To send a test email, click Test Email in the left corner.
- Enter an email address.
- Click enter.
- Add as many email addresses as you’d like, then click Send.
- Confirm the email is set up as you’d like.
- To send your email to the speakers on the list, click Send Email in the bottom right corner of the window.
Speaker section settings
In your event, a list of speakers will appear on the Program → Speakers tab in the left navigation panel.
To update settings for this page:
- Click the hamburger icon and select Events to get a list of all your events and choose your preferred event.
- Navigate to Program → Speakers using the left navigation panel.
- Click the Settings button in the Speakers section.
- Turn the toggle off to hide the Speakers tab from your event.
- Enter a name in the rename field to rename the Speakers tab.
- Use the description field to enter a short description for the Speakers tab.
- Click Save.
Best practices for creating a speaker profile
Here are a few tips for creating a great speaker profile:
- For the profile image, ensure the photo is square and the person’s face is centered. (If not, a section of the photo may not align properly).
- For speaker description, write 50 words or less (any more will get cut off).
- For the speaker title, try to keep the words to a minimum (again, it may be cut off).
- For the speaker’s company/organization, try to keep it to a minimum word count.
- The LinkedIn Profile link is an option that will show up as a small round icon on the Meet Your Speakers page. If you decide to leave this out, it will not show up.
- The Twitter link must be the full link (including https://www.twitter.com) rather than just the handle.