You can follow these steps to stream your Goldcast event to a Linkedin Live event. You must first be approved by Linkedin for live streaming.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/video/golive/now/
- Under New stream, select Schedule for Later and put in the time that your broadcast will start (note: the time that LinkedIn expects is local time).
- Under Create a post, select the Page you want to stream to from the visibility dropdown (the icon that looks like a globe), and compose your post.
- Under Your stream details, add a Title for your stream.
- Once you create your stream, go to https://www.linkedin.com/video/golive/manage/ and click Prepare to Go Live on your stream
- Note: you will only be able to do this 1 hour before your stream goes live
- In the Stream settings tab, pick your region, then click Get URL.
On Goldcast Studio
- Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
- From your Event list, click your preferred event
- Click Program in the menu on the left side and click the name of the session you would like to stream out to LinkedIn
- Scroll down to the RTMP Out section and click the arrow next to it to expand the section if needed
- Enter the Stream URL and Stream Key into the Custom section
- Make sure that your URL and Key are formatted like this example:
- Stream URL: rtmps://###abcde#f#g#h###i#######j####k#.channel.media.azure.net:####/live/a1234b5678c9012de3fg4567hi8j901k
- Stream Key:
- Click Save
Back on LinkedIn
- Back in the Prepare to Go Live screen on LinkedIn, you should start to see the stream come in 5-10 minutes before the broadcast start time. Once presenters are on stage, choose Go Live
- You can stop the stream whenever you’d like, and Goldcast will stop streaming a few minutes after the end of the broadcast