The Goldcast platform allows users to upload custom buffer videos, which are a great way to personalize your event stage when there are no sessions actively taking place.
When will the buffer video play?
Once a buffer video has been uploaded, it will play on a loop:
- Before the official start time of your event
- Once your event has ended
- During any breaks you have built into your agenda (see below)
Uploading a Buffer Video
If you upload a buffer video, this video will play on loop, greeting attendees as they wait for the show to start. The looping video could be a hype video for the event, an instructional video, or just a cool DJ playing music to make things lively!
To upload a buffer video:
- Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab
- From the Events list, click the event to which you want to add the buffer video
- Click the Look & Feel tab on the left of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Stage section and click on Buffer Video
- Click Select Video
- Either upload a new video by clicking + Upload Video or pick a video you’ve previously used from your video list.
- Click Save in the popup window
- Click Save in the upper right corner of your screen to publish your changes to your event
The Default Empty Stage
Should you choose not to upload a buffer video, the Goldcast default slide will appear on stage. Prior to your first session begins, the slide will include the event title and a countdown to the start of the event:
At the end of the event, attendees will see this message:
And during any breaks, the slide looks like this:
The color of this screen is the “screensaver color” selected on your event Look & Feel section.
Follow these tips to create a great Buffer Video:
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of time required for this video. The suggested amount is at least 2 minutes long.
- If you don't have a video, but you have a different type of image you'd like to be seen on the main stage, just convert that JPEG into an MP4 file and upload that here.
- If you do change your mind and would like a different loop video to show at the end of the event, you can edit the loop video in your studio app. However, if attendees are already inside the event, they will need to refresh their screen to see the new loop video.