Entering the Goldcast Event
- Your organizer is going to provide you with a unique magic link you can use to access the event.
- When you put that magic link in your browser you’ll land on the event landing page. You can then click "enter event" on the bottom right to join, or you can click "enter backstage" to enter the session you are speaking at directly. You will only see the backstage button for sessions you are speaking at and you will only have access to view the other sessions as an attendee from the audience.
- Upon joining the event, you will be taken through a quick speaker tech check to ensure your video and audio are connected.
Inside the Event
Once inside the event, you can click "agenda" at the top and click "enter backstage" next to the session you are speaking in.
This backstage area is where you’ll be able to meet with the organizer of the session and the other speakers you may be speaking with. This area is private to only you, the other speakers, and the organizer.
When you are ready, you can go LIVE on stage by clicking the red button “GO LIVE ON STAGE”.
Please note, attendees in the audience will not see you until the session says “live” on the bottom left corner of the screen. Once the session is live and you are on stage, everyone will be able to see and hear you!
If you would instead like to view the live session as though you were an audience member, you can click "Watch Live".
Speaking On Stage
Welcome to the stage! You are live, and everyone can see and hear you. You may mute your camera and microphone using the icons at the bottom of the screen.
If at any time you are finished speaking, or when the event comes to an end, it’s important for you to leave the stage so others are unable to see you. Even after the event ends, attendees will be able to see you at the end. In order to leave, you can click “LEAVE STAGE” if you’re looking to connect with the event organizer and speakers afterwards, or you can just exit out of the tab entirely.
A countdown will appear in the bottom left corner when there are 15 minutes left in the session.
If you or any other speaker is sharing media to the stage, you will see a "Stop sharing" button in the bottom right corner. Clicking this button will remove whatever is being shared from the stage. Please only click this button if you are the one controlling the presentation.
Watching the Event From the Audience
If you have clicked "Watch Live", you are now in the audience! You can see and hear your fellow speakers, and watch their presentations.
From here, you can go directly on stage when it is your turn to speak by clicking "GO LIVE".
Or you can choose to go into the Backstage area by clicking "Go Backstage".
A few key reminders:
- The backstage is private to you, the organizer and other speakers for that session
- Every backstage is different, so if you are speaking at more than one session, click "Agenda" at the top and find the next backstage for the following session
- Always leave stage once you're done speaking, it's important to treat the stage as a "live mic"