Congrats! You’re a speaker at a Goldcast event. This article walks you through all that you need to know to ensure everything goes seamlessly on the big day.
In this article
- Entering the Goldcast event
- Inside the event
- Speaking on stage
- Watching the event from the audience
- A few key reminders
Entering the Goldcast event
- Your organizer will email a unique magic link to access the event.
- Clicking on the magic link takes you to the event landing page. Click Enter Event on the bottom right to join, or click Enter Backstage to enter the session you’re speaking at directly. You’ll only see the Enter Backstage button for sessions you’re speaking at. However, you can view other sessions as an attendee from the audience.
- Upon joining the event, the Goldcast platform does a quick speaker tech check to ensure your video and audio are connected.
Inside the event
Once inside the event, navigate to the Agenda tab at the top and click Enter Backstage next to the session you’re speaking at.
This backstage area is where you’ll be able to meet with the organizer of the session and the other speakers you may be speaking with. This area is private to you, the other speakers, and the organizer. Attendees cannot access the backstage area.
Before your session goes live (at the 15-minute mark), you’ll see a countdown timer at the bottom left of the screen. It indicates how much time is left before the session begins. When the timer reaches zero, the session goes live.
When ready, you can go LIVE on stage by clicking the red GO LIVE ON STAGE button.
Note: Attendees will NOT see you until the session goes live and you join the stage. You can quickly check if the session is live by looking at your screen's bottom left corner. Live sessions have the Live tag. Once the session is live and you are on stage, everyone can see and hear you!
If you would instead like to view the live session as though you were an audience member, you can click Watch Live.
Speaking on stage
Welcome to the stage! You are live, and everyone can see and hear you. You may mute your camera and microphone using the icons at the bottom of the screen.
Pro Tip: Goldcast throws a pop-up to warn speakers if they are speaking on mute.
Once you’ve finished speaking or when your event ends, leave the stage so you’re no longer visible to the audience. Even after the event ends, attendees will be able to see you at the end. To leave, you can click LEAVE STAGE to connect with the event organizer and speakers backstage after the session, or you can exit the tab entirely.
A countdown timer appears in the bottom left corner 15 minutes before the session ends. It indicates how much time is left in the session. This helps you finish your speech and wrap up the session accordingly.
If you or any other speaker shares media on the stage, you will see a Stop Sharing button in the bottom right corner. Clicking this button will remove whatever is being shared from the stage. Please only click this button if you are the one controlling the presentation.
Watching the event from the audience
If you clicked Watch Live while you were backstage or Leave Stage while on stage, you are now in the audience! You can see and hear your fellow speakers and watch their presentations.
From here, you can go directly on stage when it is your turn to speak by clicking GO LIVE.
Or you can choose to go into the Backstage area by clicking Go Backstage.
A few key reminders
- The backstage is private to you, the organizer and the other speakers for that session.
- Every backstage is different, so if you are invited to speak at more than one session, click Agenda at the top and find the next backstage for the following session.
- Always leave the stage once you're done speaking; Treat the stage as a live mic.