This video will provide you with a brief overview on what your experience speaking on Goldcast will be like:
Notes from the video above:
- Your organizer is going to provide you with a magic link you can use to access the event.
- When you put that magic link in your browser you’ll land on the event page. You can then click "enter event" on the bottom right to join, or you can click "enter backstage" to enter the session you are speaking at directly. You will only see the backstage button for sessions you are speaking at and you will only have access to view the other sessions as an attendee.
- Upon joining the event, you will be taken through a quick speaker tech check to ensure your video and audio are connected.
- Once inside the event, click "agenda" at the top and click "enter backstage" next to your session. This backstage area is where you’ll be able to meet with the organizer of the session and the other speakers you may be speaking with. This area is private to only you, the other speakers, and the organizer.
- When the organizer gives you the go-ahead, you are then able to click “Go on stage” in order for attendees to view you. Please note, attendees will not see you until the session says “live” on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- When the event comes to an end, it’s important for you to leave the stage so others are unable to see you. Even after the event ends, attendees will be able to see you at the end. In order to leave, you can click “Go Backstage” if you’re looking to connect with the event organizer and speakers afterwards, or you can just exit out of the tab entirely.
A few key reminders:
- The backstage is private to you, the organizer and other speakers for that session
- Every backstage is different, so if you are speaking at another session, click "Agenda" at the top and find the next backstage for the following session
- Always leave stage once you're done speaking, it's important to treat the stage as a "live mic"