- Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Slack Workspace
- Connecting your event to a Slack Channel
- Viewing Goldcast Event Notifications in Slack
The Slack + Salesforce Integration enables sending event registration and attendance notifications from Goldcast to a designated channel in your connected Slack Workspace.
Furthermore, it offers the ability to integrate with Salesforce, ensuring that the Lead Owner of the event registrant receives a direct notification on Slack whenever a lead registers for an event or attends the event.
This integration empowers Sales and Marketing teams to effectively track engagement and make informed decisions based on the received notifications, enabling them to take timely actions.
- Event Organizer access to your instance of Goldcast.
- A Slack Workspace with a channel that can be used to receive notifications from Goldcast.
- If you do not have the necessary permissions to install apps yourself, we recommend referring to this article for instructions on how to submit an app approval request to the Workspace Owner who has the required permissions.
- For seamless usage of this integration, choose 'Install for Everyone' when requesting Goldcast app approval for your Slack Workspace. Once approved, you can use the app setup integration for your events.
- A Salesforce account with permissions to add leads and install apps.
Connecting a Goldcast Org to a Slack Workspace
Note: Before beginning the Slack + Salesforce integration process, we recommend logging into your Goldcast Studio, Slack Workspace, and Salesforce account to avoid having to do so later in the setup process.
Installing the Slack + Salesforce Integration
- From the Goldcast Marketplace page, click on the Learn More link on the Slack + Salesforce tile.
- Select the Install This App button to initiate the installation.
- Upon clicking, you will be redirected to the Integrations page in your Goldcast Studio, and a pop-up titled Install Slack + Salesforce will appear.
- Click the "Install" button to complete the installation.
- You will receive a confirmation pop-up for the installation, and then you will be redirected to a screen to further authenticate your Slack Workspace and Salesforce account..
Connecting Your Slack Workspace
- To begin, Click on the New Authentication button on the screen.
- In the popup that appears, enter a name for your integration in the provided field, and click Create to proceed. You can choose any name you prefer for your authentication.
- You will be redirected to an Authentication screen where you will be prompted to grant access to information in your Slack workspace. Click the Allow button to connect your workspace.
- Click on Next button to proceed to the Salesforce account authentication screen.
- Click New Authentication to add a Salesforce account and enter respective details in the popup.You can choose any name you prefer for your authentication.
- Choose the type of Salesforce account you will be connecting(Sandbox/Production).
- Click on the Create button to authenticate your Salesforce account.Click the "Allow" button to connect your Salesforce account.
- If the account connection is successful, a confirmation message will pop up, indicating that Slack + SF Integration has been configured successfully.
- Click on the Finish button to complete and enable the Integration Setup for Slack in your Goldcast account.
By following the above steps, you can easily set up authentication for the Slack + Salesforce Integration.
Connecting your event to a Slack Channel
To set up the Slack + Salesforce integration for a specific event, please follow these steps:
- Select the Event:
From the Events page, choose the event you want to set up the Slack + Salesforce integration for. You will be redirected to the Event Dashboard page.
- Access Integrations:
Click on the "Integrations" option from the left-side panel. Alternatively, you can click on the "Configure" option in the "Integrations available" section within the Event dashboard.
- Navigate to Slack + Salesforce:
You will be redirected to the Integrations page. Locate and click on the "Slack + Salesforce" integration.
- Select Slack Channel:
A drawer will appear from the right side of the screen, providing a Search bar to search your channels in your workspace.
Search and Select the desired channel to send the notifications for event registrations and attendance.
Note: If you encounter any issues such as missing channels or error pages, it could indicate that the Goldcast app has not been approved by your Workspace owner. Please refer to the prerequisites section mentioned above and follow the instructions to re-authenticate your integration and complete the event-level setup.
- Notify the owner:
To ensure the Salesforce Lead Owner receives direct Slack notifications for event registration and attendance make sure the "Notify the owner" toggle button is enabled. You can toggle it off if needed.
Once you have selected the desired channel and ensure the Notify the Owner button, click the "Save" button to complete the setup.
Note: Make sure you don’t delete the channel or change the channel config in your Slack workspace post integration setup. This will cause the integration to fail sending notifications, upon any change for the selected change, you need to reconfigure the setup for the event.
By following these steps, you can successfully set up the Slack integration for your event.
It is recommended to set up the Slack + Salesforce Integration before you make your registrations live, this allows all the information to seamlessly flow into your connected accounts without any missing data.
Viewing Goldcast Event Notifications in Slack
Note: If the Slack channel you have selected is not receiving notifications, a Workspace Owner may need to approve the app installation. Please refer to this article for instructions on how to submit an app approval request.
Notifications on Slack Channel:
Notifications to Sales Owner via Slack DMs:
Once the integration is setup in your event:
- Notifications will be sent to the channel for event registrations and attendance in Goldcast.
- Salesforce Lead Owners will receive direct notifications on Slack regarding the registration of their leads.
- Attendance Notifications will also include information about event attendance, including details of each attendee and a unique magic link for accessing the event.
- If the Lead Owner has not registered for the event, a registration link will be provided instead.