- What browser should I use?
- My video / audio appear to be lagging, what should I do?
- I want to switch my Audio/ Video Device which is being used on Goldcast, how should I proceed?
- What happens if I have a VPN, Firewall, or network issue?
- I'm seeing an error message telling me my microphone and/or camera aren't connected, what should I do?
- Having trouble logging in?
Here we'll be taking you through a few settings you should have in place to have a good attendee or speaker experience on Goldcast.
What browser should I use?
Chrome works best with Goldcast.
My video / audio appear to be lagging, what should I do?
Below the stage (where the speaker is talking), you will see a toggle on the bottom right. Please click this toggle to enter what we call "lite mode," which may help alleviate your video/audio issues.
I want to switch my Audio/ Video Device which is being used on Goldcast, how should I proceed?
Goldcast has dynamic settings modal which helps users to switch audio/ video devices during the events
1. If Goldcast has access to user's Mic & Camera permissions from system & browser then user can directly view/ change audio & video devices connected to its system via the settings modal
2. If Goldcast doesn't have access to user's mic then user can switch its audio device by clicking on "Click to view/change audio device" which will redirect user to system's settings to change audio device connected to its system
What happens if I have a VPN, Firewall, or network issue?
We do recommend watching events on Goldcast with your VPN turned off (learn more about Configuring Your Connection Settings - Network, VPN, and Firewall here). However, if you do have your VPN on, please use the "lite mode" toggle on the bottom right of the stage.
The toggle isn't helping me, what should I do now?
If the toggle is not helping your viewing experience, try refreshing the page using a soft refresh (CTRL + R) or a hard refresh (CTRL + SHIFT + R). Still not helping? Try opening up your attendee magic link in an Incognito/Private browser window.
I'm seeing an error message telling me my microphone and/or camera aren't connected, what should I do?
Make sure your microphone and camera permissions are enabled. Learn more here.
Having trouble logging in?
- Upon registering for the event, you will receive a confirmation email with your magic link; please use this link to access the event.
- Do NOT share your magic link with another user - this link is unique to you
- Make sure to check your spam/junk if you are having trouble finding the magic link email
- If you still have troubles, send an email to email@example.com and we will respond asap