- What is the Page Builder?
- Creating a Page
- Using the Editor
- Preview a Page
- Saving the Page
- Default Page Blocks
- Using Blocks
- Custom Domain
- UTM tracking
What is the Page Builder?
Goldcast's Page builder is a simple yet interactive UI to enable you to create a branded, public page hosting all your upcoming as well as on-demand events with registration links to these events. The builder also has predefined blocks that help you to easily customize the look and feel of the page and host informative event content for users.
Follow these steps to navigate to the list of event pages:
- Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left and select the Pages tab to get a list of all your event pages.
Creating a Page
To create a new page:
- Click the icon at the top right and select the New Page option. This opens a pop-up requiring you to enter a name for the page you want to create.
- In the Title text box, provide a name of your choice.
- Click the Create button. You will land on the Event Page Builder.
The Event Page Builder has the following settings:
- Page Design - where you can edit and customize the page. The page editor has the default blocks and the right side shows the default page.
- Page Settings - where you can provide a title, meta description, add media links, inset a favicon, and delete page option.
- Custom Domain - where you can host your event page on a vanity URL.
Using the Editor
Open the page you wish to edit and click Edit button in the Page Design section to navigate to the Editor.
In the Editor page, you can see the blocks of your page. You can add new blocks, edit, hide, remove and reorder blocks, and change the global page settings.
As you make changes on the editor, the right side of the page will reflect the change. No edits can be made on the right side.
You can perform the following:
- Add a new block to your page. To add a block click the "New Block" button at the top right of the menu. Then, select a block to add. Your page will automatically scroll to your new block at the very bottom of the page. To reorder your blocks, drag and drop the new block in the left menu.
- You can add any block multiple times to create different sections of the page and customize each of the added blocks as needed.
- Edit a block. To edit a block scroll to the name of that block in the left side menu and click the arrow to the left of the block name. This will open the section. You can change elements of the block from this list, including the headline, text, images, background color, text color, and more. For more details on what is editable inside each block, see the "Blocks descriptions" section below.
- Reorder the blocks on your page by dragging and dropping each block in the left side menu.
- Delete a block by clicking the arrow next to the block name, then scrolling down and clicking the red "Delete Block" button.
- Hide/Unhide a block by clicking the arrow next to the block name, then scrolling down and clicking the eye icon.
Preview a Page
To preview the page, click the Preview icon at the top of the screen. This will show you what the event page will look like for your visitors. You can preview the page without saving your changes. To see what the page will look like on a mobile device or on other screen sizes, change the size of your browser window.
To exit the preview, click the Close Preview button at the top of the screen.
Saving the Page
To save changes to your page:
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the menu. This will save changes and publish your page.
Note that currently, drafts cannot be saved.
- Once saved, click the Close button, and you will land on the Event Page.
On the event page builder, next to the page title, you can see the Hyperlink arrow. Clicking here will open your Page in a new tab.
You can also host your event page on a customized subdomain. To set this up, please reach out to your CSM or Goldcast support at email@example.com.
Default Page Blocks
The default Page will contain the following blocks:
- Hero - this controls the branding for the Header part of your page
- Upcoming Events - this block displays all upcoming events (not marked as Test) in your organization whose start date is greater than current date with a Register CTA which links out to that event’s registration page. This list will automatically update when you create or edit events in your Goldcast admin panel.
- On Demand Events - this block displays all past events which are on-demand in your organization with a Register CTA which links out to that event’s registration page.
- Custom Events - this block allows you to add any external events which you would like to display on the page.
- Footer - this block controls the bottom part of the page with social links. The default page has the link to Goldcast’s site.
This block controls the background and font style for the entire page and the headline weights for all blocks. You can change the font, background color, and font color of the entire registration page at once. You may also choose to change the style of each block on the page individually, which will override the page settings.
For fonts, you have options to select standard web fonts, custom web fonts, or upload a custom font file ( .ttf/ .otf/ .woff/ .woff2).
The navigation block controls what typically sits at the top of a web page. It can contain your logo and links to sections on the page.
You can style the background and font theme on the nav bar by editing the Block style.
Logo: You can choose to upload a company logo or small image to display at the top left corner of the navigation bar. You may also choose to delete the image and have no logo display.
Links: Each section on the page can be linked in the navigation bar. You can change what each section is called in your menu by changing the name of each field. You can choose to hide or show each section in the navigation bar by clicking the eye icon next to each section.
This block allows you to add a title to the page and typically style the header section using different font weights and background colors or images. You will find options to customize this section under block style. It also allows you to add custom CTAs with links. Click on the Button style to control the theme for your CTAs.
This block, when added, displays your upcoming and non-test events on the page. By default, the block won’t display any events.
You can choose which events you’d like to display in the block by using the Events List selector.
- Click the edit icon to open the list
- Click the eye icon next to an event name to add it to the block
- Click the eye icon in the top right corner to make all events visible
- Use the search bar to search events by name
- Click the checkmark in the top right corner when you’ve selected your events
The event info displayed includes the items below and is automatically pulled from the events you have created in Goldcast. This cannot be edited.
- Event Title
- Event date and timezone - each page visitor will see this in their local timezone
- Event Description
- Event location, if applicable
- Register CTA which opens the event’s registration page on a new tab
The image displayed for each event is the social media thumbnail set in your branding settings. If this is blank, the hero/landing image will be displayed here.
Events per Page
This setting will control the pagination of this section and allow you to set how many events you want to display per page.
This allows you to choose the grid or list option for the event lists.
More styling options are available under Block, Card, and Button styles.
Once this block is added, it will continue to update the event list as you create new upcoming (non-test) events and remove them from the list as they move to Past events. Users will always automatically see the updated list.
On Demand Events
This block when added will display all your past events which are in on-demand mode on the page.
When users click on the Register CTA, they will be navigated to the registration page of the respective event.
This block allows you to add external events which are not built in Goldcast. You can always delete or hide this block if it is not needed.
You will have to manually add each event’s details that you wish to display on the page. To add more events in the section click on Add Event.
The footer typically sits at the bottom of a page. You can add links to other web pages, like your company's page, for example.
To do this, click Add Link in the Links section. Then type the text you'd like on the page in the field New Item. In the next field, add your web address. Make sure to include "https://www." in front of it. You can change the order of the links using the arrows on the right. You can delete a link by clicking the trash can icon next to it.
You can also add links to your company's LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Remember to add "https://www." in front of the address. If you prefer any of these to be hidden, delete the URL in that section. The icon will automatically be hidden from the page.
You can add or edit any additional legal text needed in the "legal text" section at the bottom.
This block allows you to add an image on one half and text on the other half of a block.
Click Upload image and select a file from your computer. Then select either Right or Left as the image position.
Add a headline and/or text to the opposite side of the block by entering text into the Headline and Text fields.
Add an image across the full width of your page.
Click Upload Image and select a file from your computer.
The content grid is a versatile block. It can be used to display a grid of text with images, just text, or just images.
Change the name of the block by editing the text in the Headline field.
You may add additional text underneath the headline in the Text field.
In each section of the grid, you can:
- upload an image
- enter a headline
- enter text
You can change the order of the sections using the arrows on the right side. Delete a section by clicking the trash can icon next to that section.
To host your created event page on a custom domain of your choice, share the custom URL with the Goldcast Support team.
For more information, see our guide on Setting vanity URLs for your event.
UTM Parameters attached to your Event Hub URL will be carried over to your registration pages when a visitor clicks on a Register CTA. When the visitor registers through your event registration form, those UTMs will be captured and made visible in the event's registrants table.
Here is a sample Hub Page URL with UTM parameters attached to it:
Notice that the UTMs are appended with an & after the eventHubId parameter. This is because our hub pages already use a URL Parameter to load the correct hub page. There should only be one ? in your url which marks the beginning of your URL parameters. All URL parameters can be added after the ? and separated by an &. The order of URL Parameters after the ? doesn't matter.
In addition to UTMs being carried over from your Event Hubs to your Registration Pages, an additional URL parameter will be passed called "referrer_page". This parameter will have as its value the ID of the Event Hub that drove the visitor to your registration page. In case you have multiple Event Hub's advertising the same event, this can help discern which hub page pushed a registrant to your event.
Note: Your event's registration form must be set up properly to collect UTMs. If you want to read more about configuring your forms to capture UTMs, and collecting custom URL Parameters such as "referrer_page" using hidden fields, click here