Goldcast Rooms are for smaller group discussions and can support up to 30 attendees on screen at any time. You can give your Rooms specific names and cover images. You can even open and close the Rooms tab in real time during your event.
Rooms in your Goldcast event are also a great way to encourage attendees to network and connect with one another.
You can either have Rooms there for attendees to visit throughout the event, or you're able to schedule a specific time in the agenda which directs attendees to the Rooms tab so they are encouraged to pop into a room and have a conversation.
- Log in to Goldcast Studio with your credentials.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left, and select the Events tab to get a list of all your events.
- From the Events List, select the event to which you’d like to add Rooms
- Click Program in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click Rooms in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click the purple New Room button on the upper right corner of the screen
- Enter a name for your room (required)
- Select the number of seats you’d like in the room - up to 30 attendees at one time
- If there is an organizer leading the discussion inside the room, they will take up a seat in the room (i.e. room limit: 29 attendees with 1 organizer)
- To add a cover image to the room, click Upload Image (optional)
- Select an image from your computer, then click Open and Upload
- Add tags, each separated by a comma (optional)
- Click Create
To reorder the way the rooms show up in the event, click the two lines on the right side of the room and drag and drop it into the order you prefer.
Hide/Unhide Rooms Tab in your event
You can control the visibility of the Rooms tab in real-time, including when an event is live.
- Navigate to the Rooms section and click Settings on the right of the screen.
- Under the Show Rooms tab turn the toggle on (to show) or off (to hide).
- Click Save to complete the action.
If attendees are in the room and you have disabled the Room tab, they will be redirected to stage or the live session, if any.
Additional Rooms Details
In the Settings section you can also rename the Rooms tab, add a description, enable or disable a Rooms chat thread, and decide if you want Rooms to be recorded.