Goldcast is most commonly used for Community Events, Virtual Conferences, Virtual Summits, Internal Team Kickoffs, and Product Launches. However, you can truly build your own adventure on Goldcast, and hold an interactive webinar, job fair, or workshop on our platform.
Additionally, you have the option to create and share these events in a few different ways:
- Live: all live-content during your session
- Simulive: all pre-recorded content for the session
- Hybrid: a combination of pre-recorded and live content in one session
- RTMP In: stream content into the Goldcast platform
- RTMP Out: live stream content from the Goldcast platform
Let's dig more into each of these directly below.
Live stream content is what a lot of us are currently used to. It's content presented and delivered in real-time. This content works best when:
- You want to incorporate audience questions throughout the event
- You'd like to poll the audience
Simulive is content that is 100% pre-recorded. This content works best when you want to produce an event with little to no interaction from the audience (i.e. no live video Q&A and no polls, though text Q&A is still available). Uploading the content in this form, however, will make it look like it was provided to attendees in real-time.
This is the best of both worlds. This type of event pulls in both live content and pre-recorded content in one session. This content works best when:
- You are sharing a pre-recorded event but still want to incorporate audience questions and/or polling at the beginning or end
- You'd like to share a sponsor trailer, product launch overview, or some other sort of video during your session
In this case, your event is taking place in some other location - either on Facebook, YouTube, Zoom, or an in-person event - but you want to share that with a larger audience and provide your virtual attendees with an interactive experience. This content works best when:
- Your event is in-person but you want to provide attendees with an interactive experience
- Your speakers feel more comfortable speaking on Zoom and you want to stream that content into the platform
- You're live streaming content to LinkedIn and Zoom, but want to connect your audience in one interactive platform
In this scenario, your event is taking place on Goldcast but you also want to make it accessible to an audience on other platforms. On Goldcast, we can livestream to YouTube or Facebook.
Learn more about setting up each of these types of sessions in Goldcast.