- Check browser’s permission to play sound
- Unmute the Goldcast events tab on browser
- Check browser’s volume levels
- Check and switch speaker/audio output devices
- Shutdown all other applications that may be using/used your device's speaker
- Switch to a different browser
- Restart your device
- Try another device that doesn’t have any restrictions
Check browser’s permission to play sound
- Click the lock icon on the left side of browser bar.
- Enable sound button within the option list
Unmute Goldcast Events tab on browser
Under certain circumstances, website playing sound is automatically muted by browsers. Further each tab in common browsers can be muted – Users will need to unmute the tab manually to fix the problem.
To unmute the page, right-click the tab. From the drop-down menu, select the Unmute Site option.
In a case where a single open tab on Safari, click Window at the top of the screen and then unmute this tab.
If multiple tabs are open, right-click the Goldcast events tab and then select Unmute Tab.
Check browser's volume levels
If browsers are muted, users will not hear any sound, to check this follow the below steps:
- Right-click the sound system tray icon in the bottom-right corner, and then select the Open Volume mixer option
- A list of available volume sliders appears – check and set your browser’s (say Chrome) slider is at 100%.
To access volume controls, select the notifications icon on the menu bar. From the drop-down menu, move the Sound slider to 100%
Check and switch speaker/audio output devices
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the output tab.
- From the list of all output devices that are available, select the device you want to use.
- Right click the sound icon on taskbar.
- Click playback devices.
- On the playback tab, from the list of all audio output devices that are available, select the device that you want to use.
Shut down all other applications that may be using/used your device's speaker
If you have recently been using your camera and/or microphone on other applications such as Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype etc., make sure to properly close these applications as they may be retaining control of your device's camera and microphone.
Switch to a different browser
Try switching to another supported browser.
Restart your device
If all the options mentioned above have not worked, shut down your computer and restart it.
Try another device that doesn’t have any restrictions
If you are currently on a work laptop, try switching to a personal device instead, as company firewalls may be restricting the ability to use your audio output.