Using Google Chrome on your Mac to access Goldcast is a bit different than using Safari. To access Goldcast on your Mac, while using Chrome, please utilize these pointers:
- You will need to provide your OS level with permission to access camera, mic, and screenshare. Here are the steps to do that.
- Chrome should be updated to its latest version. Additionally, make sure hardware acceleration is enabled else you might not be able to transmit your video to other people, even though to you your cam might seem like its working. Here are the steps to do that.
- Within Goldcast, check the camera and mic you're providing access to by utilizing the gear icon
- If initially, the camera that you chose in the settings (click icon above) does not work. Then please change the camera. If the camera STILL does not work, then please test out Google Meets on your computer to see if that works.
- Remember to close all tabs apart from Goldcast. Alternatively, at the most, you want to have three tabs open (that don't take a lot of energy to run). Otherwise, you may overload your laptop and cause lapses in video transmission.
- And last, but not least, refresh your browser if something doesn't seem to be working quite right